Pact is an international non-governmental organization with headquarters
in Washington DC, USA. Pact has been in Nigeria since 2005, and
currently implements donor funded development projects in 4 States in
the area of Health, integrating livelihoods, capacity development, and
PACT is recruiting to fill the job position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
- The Finance Assistant will assist in all areas of the Finance management.
The specific duties to be carried out by the successful candidate are listed below:
- Prepare and follow up with transactions to ensure that payments are accurately captured, timely and complete;
- Reviews procurement and payment documents ensuring appropriate cost coding and accuracy;
- Ensures timely payments to vendors and other project related expenses such as telephone, travel etc.
- Provides support in preparation of bid analysis, negotiation
memos, purchase orders and other procurement documents in accordance
with Pact’s and donor policies and procedures.
- Processing all staff expenses, ensuring follow-through and filing
- Handles Petty cash
- Preparation of schedule for monthly statutory deductions.
- Reconciliation of monthly payroll deductions.
- Reviews sub-grant and sub-award financial reports, taking
initiative to resolve problems in accordance with policies and program
- Follow-up with 3rd part transactions, ensuring that all related
documentation are submitted such as TA for sub-awards, deposit slips are
properly filed etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum B.Sc in Accounting or its equivalent is required. Chartered accountant qualifications a plus.
- Knowledge of internal control systems and financial audit processes.
- Advanced use of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Power Point and MS Publisher.
- Knowledge of OMB Circulars 110,122,133
- Possession of 2 years of cognate experience in fund accounting.
Experience with accounting standards/practices of international
organization a strong plus.
- Demonstrated experience with automated accounting systems (QuickBooks and serenics), including payroll.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resume/CV and cover letter on their suitability to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All CV’s/resume/applications MUST be in either word format or PDF.
- Applicants MUST indicate the position applied for on the SUBJECT of the mail.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 1st December, 2016.