Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact
for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives
and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations
and non-profit organisations.
more than 2000 employees operating in over 90 countries. Palladium is a
child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work
with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants
and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age,
disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Palladium is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Knowledge and Learning Coordinator
Summary of Job
- Palladium is seeking an experienced professional with a
demonstrated track record of innovation and initiative to serve as
Knowledge and Learning Coordinator for a West Africa regional
biodiversity and climate change program.
The Knowledge and Learning Coordinator’s responsibilities include:
- Providing strategic guidance and leadership to work with a
technical team of experts to identify, synthesize relevant learning
points and disseminate best practices and lessons learned on wildlife
trafficking, coastal adaptation, and biodiversity to target audiences,
including WA BiCC core regional partners ECOWAS, Mano River Union and
Abidjan Convention (in collaboration with the Communication team).
- Leading the process within the project team to work with
stakeholders and grantees to identify, evaluate and document best
practices in environment and natural resource management; support
scaling them up through the project’s communication plan and capacity
- Ensuring that the project makes significant contributions to
communities of practice and knowledge platform in natural resources
management and coastal adaptation to climate change.
- Guiding the project technical team to synthesize and organize
information that promotes adaptive management among a variety of
audiences including regional partners, civil society, national
governments, NGOs, and media.
- Working within the capacity building team to conduct gap
analysis, support organizational assessments and build capacity for
knowledge and learning needs among regional partner institutions.
Required Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- Master’s Degree in Biodiversity, Natural Resource Management,
Climate Change, related Research, Adult Learning, Communications, or
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in both French and English
- Willing to be based in Accra, with an ability to travel in the region
- Demonstrated capacity to initiate, coordinate, and facilitate
knowledge and learning among technical staff and stakeholders at
multiple levels and across multiple sectors.
- Experience working with communications and capacity building teams to scale up best practices.
- 4-6 years of experience working in West Africa and familiarity with key stakeholders in the region.
- Experience supporting long-term learning and adaptive management
on natural resources management, biodiversity or climate change topics.
- Experience in designing and facilitating learning events for
donors, governments, and civil society organizations working on natural
- Experience conducting applied research, and collecting/analyzing socio-economic and biophysical data.
- Experience identifying, documenting, sharing, and disseminating best practices and lessons.
- Work in both coastal and terrestrial environments.
- Work on climate change adaptation and/or mitigation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV’s and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org