PTDF Scholarship 2017/2018 – The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) is a parastatal under
the Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources established by law for the
purpose of developing and promoting petroleum technology and for
creating the human resource needs of the oil and gas industry through
research and training of Nigerians.
The Oversea Scholarship Scheme (OSS) was institute by the Petroleum
Technology Development Fund as a short-term measure to address
identified skills gaps, pending the outcome of the various capacity
building efforts being made to enable our domestic universities
effectively handle the task of grooming professionals in oil and gas
related disciplines. As such, the Fund reserves the right to allocate
prospective applicants to scholarships institution and field/programmes
targeted at filling those gaps.
Furthermore with the numerous upgrade programmes executed by the Fund in
some Federal Universities in Nigeria; emphasis has shifted to training
Nigerians in-country. Consequently, only a limited number of candidates
will be sponsored overseas and the rest in Nigerian Universities.
To ensure a steadfast implementation of this mandate, PTDF is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for the :
2017/2018 PTDF Overseas and In-country MSc and PhD Scholarships
PTDF Scholarship Description
session in the United Kingdom, Germany, Brazil, France (through Campus
France), Top Institutions in the United States of America as well as
Federal Universities and Centres of Excellence in Nigeria.
Application forms can be accessed online here using an ATM (Interswitch,
Master & Visa) card or through purchase of a scratch card from
designated main branches of First Bank of Nigeria Plc in all the 36
States and FCT, upon payment of a NON-REFUNDABLE sum of N1,000 (One
Thousand Naira Only). Instructions on how to access the form online is
clearly stated on the backside of the cards.
Criteria for PTDF Scholarship Scheme
Applicants for OSS must be in possession of the following:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)(USA)
- G.R.E (Graduate Record Examination) (USA)
- GMAT – for Management related courses (USA)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) (UK
- A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) in an Oil and Gas related field OR a 2.2 with oil and gas industry experience;
- National Youth Service (NYSC) certificate;
- Applicants must be computer literate;
- Possession of O/level with Credit in English Language; (At least C6 in WAEC/SSCE or C4 and above in NECO); and
- Applicants must not be above 30 years of age.
- Scholarships will be offered for admission into the under listed
courses (for overseas MSc). Candidates are advised to apply for
admission into universities in the UK and France that offer these
courses, while applying for the Petroleum Technology Development Fund
- For the Split-Site PhD Programme, please Click Here
Applicants are advised to scan the following documents and attach to their online application forms:
- First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result;
- NYSC discharge certificate;
- WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO Results;
- 2 Recent Passport Photographs;
- Local Government Identification Letter;
- Masters’ Degree Certificate (PhD Applicants only); and
- Admission Letter (PhD Applicants).
Please note that the possession of a valid University Admission Letter
is Compulsory for LSS (Undergraduates, MSC & PHD) Applicants
List of Approved Courses for Sponsorship
The list, of approved courses for Overseas MSc sponsorship for the year is published in our website www.ptdf.gov.ng
Candidates are advised,, to apply for admission into Universities in
the UK, Germany, Brazil, France and the United States that offer these
courses., while applying for the Petroleum Technology Development Fund
Scholarship. The Local Scholarship Scheme applicants can apply to all
Federal Universities and Centre of Excellence in courses relevant to the
Oil & Gas industry
B.) PhD Priority Research Areas
In addition to the MSc programmes areas, the PhD research areas are as
published in our website. Please visit our website for details: www.ptdf.gov.ng
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Start Application
- Applicants may please note that only those who meet the
requirements above shall be shortlisted and invited for a Computer Based
Aptitude Test, in the case of MSc applicants, while oral interview will
be conducted for PhD applicants (full time and Split-site) on dates to
be announced later. Following the aptitude tests and interview,
successful candidates will be selected and awarded the PTDF Scholarship.
- Recipients of other scholarship must not apply for the ptdf scholarship.
- Please note that the duration of the phd award is limited to a maximum of thirty-six (36) months only.
- Applicants who already possess a master’s degree need not apply for M.Sc programme, but are qualified to apply for the phd.
- The ptdf award will take effect from September 2017
- Phd applicants who would have already commenced their programmes by September 2017 need not apply.
Application Deadline 31st November, 2016.