21 Nov 2016
Save the Children Job in Nigeria for a Humanitarian Awards Manager
education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
Save the Children is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Humanitarian Awards Manager
Contract length: 01 Year
- The Humanitarian Awards Manager will provide the primary awards management inputs in the Save the Children emergency response programme working closely with the humanitarian team in North East Nigeria.
- The role has three main aspects to it: setting up and leading the emergency awards management teams; provide the Response Team Leadership with funding landscape oversight; and contribute and lead on Awards Management in emergencies best practise and ensure capacity building of awards and non-awards staff in their professional development.
- The individual will be responsible for working within an existing CO structure/ response team and all other teams in the Country Office/Response Team to develop the capacity of all staff and provide on-the-job support to develop an awards management process in emergency that supports Save the Children quality standards.
- Experience with award management policies, procedures and systems and Save the Children's award management system (AMS)
- 7-9 years working experience in relevant field, at least 5 of which should be in grant management with non-profit sector
- Previous experience in Awards management in a Humanitarian context
- Understanding of the financial aspects of award management, and understanding of operations and programming
- Very strong attention to detail, problem solving skills, and ability to analyse trends
- Computer literate (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer, financial systems)
- Cultural awareness and ability to build relationships quickly with a wide variety of people
- Patient, adaptable, able to improvise, and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure
- Strong communication (written and spoken) in English, and strong interpersonal skills, with experience in managing multicultural teams.
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a demanding workload comprised of diverse and challenging tasks and responsibilities
- Proven track record of active contribution to a senior management team, and providing strategic support across multiple sectors and/or regions
- Extensive experience with NGOs with increasing responsibilities including a proven experience of establishing and running the award management function in the field
- Knowledge of the requirements of major humanitarian institutional donors (ECHO, DEC, OFDA, DFID..) including budgeting, eligibility issues, compliance management, and reporting; experience of engaging with donors at a strategic level
- Well-developed skills in team/staff management. Proven coaching and capacity building skills
- Understanding of financial reporting from Save the Children's accounting software (Agresso)
- Experience of Project Management, M&E Management or Funding Coordination
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.