Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading public health
non-governmental organisations (NGOs) in Nigeria, implementing
programmes in reproductive health, HIV and AIDS prevention, and maternal
and child health. SFH works in partnership with the Federal and State
Nigeria, the British Department for International
Development (DFID) and the United States Agency for International
Development (USAID), the Global Fund among other international donors.
We seek to recruit qualified persons as a result of growth in the
organisation. We offer professionals opportunities for career
advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration.
Society for Family Health requires competent candidates for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Head, Internal Audit
- This is a senior management position, reporting to the Board through the Managing Director.
- The successful candidate will provide independent and objective
assurance, evaluation, analyses and appraisals designed to add value and
improve the organisation’s operations and effectiveness of governance
and risk management processes, and internal control environment.
- S/He will direct the planning and execution of operational,
financial and compliance audits to evaluate the effectiveness of the
organisation’s internal control systems including field operations.
- S/He will determine compliance with selected policies, procedures, and regulations.
- S/He will make written recommendations to the Board and senior
management for control enhancement and to increase efficiency and/or
effectiveness of the control systems of functions reviewed.
- S/He will maintain a professional staff team with sufficient
knowledge, training, skills and experience to meet the requirements of
the Internal Audit Charter and ensure capacity building, mentoring and
coaching of the Internal Audit staff.
- The position holder will perform special investigations as requested by the Board or Management.
The desired candidate:
- Must possess a first degree in Accounting or Financial
Management and a relevant Masters’ degree with a recognised professional
accounting qualification – ACA or ACCA or other professional body.
- Must have previous experience in a donor funded environment with
good knowledge of international donor rules & regulations and must
possess a minimum of twelve (12) years post NYSC experience, the last
five (5) of which should have been as the Head of an Audit Team.
- Must show demonstrable experience managing the preparation of
audit planning memoranda, including identifying and evaluating key
risks, setting audit scope, and determining budgets and staff
- Must have expert knowledge of risk management and assessment,
fraud investigation and detection criteria and strategies as well as
auditing standards, techniques, activities, and processes.
- Must have good experience with drafting audit reports including
writing clear and concise findings and recommendations and be able to
properly assess potential findings for significance and negotiating
their finalization with senior management.
- Must be an analytical and resolute decision maker with strong
organisational and planning skills, with great attention to detail and
ability to follow through.
- Must be able to multitask and manage audits within agreed
budgets and time lines with very good knowledge of the current financial
and corporate governance regulatory environment.
- Must have very strong interpersonal, verbal and written
communication skills including a high level of tact and diplomacy, a
collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality
- Must have demonstrated proficiency using office software applications, including spreadsheets and relevant accounting software.
Job Title: Head of Marketing (Expanded Enterprise Project)
- This is a senior management position reporting to the Head of the Expanded Enterprise Project (EEP).
- The position is to provide strategic programmatic and technical
leadership for the emerging Society for Family Health Expanded
Enterprise Project (EEP) including overseeing all marketing, advertising
and promotional activities.
- S/He will be responsible for the development and growth of EEP brands and continuous evaluation of market trends.
- The position is also responsible for developing and driving the
implementation of strategies to meet the EEP project vertical and
The desired candidate:
- Must possess a first degree in any discipline and a relevant
Masters’ degree in a business related field from a recognised
- Must have a minimum of 12 years post NYSC hands-on experience of
developing brands and bringing same to market in the fast moving
consumer goods (FMCG) industry. The desired applicant should have spent
at least 5 years at upper managerial level. Proven ability to
demonstrate strong analytic skills and understanding of the products
category in terms of Habits/Attitudes/Drivers and use such information
to decide the current and potential size of the market.
- Must possess ability to analyse the current players in the
market in a well-defined strategic framework to assess the gaps and
- Must have proven ability to understand the role of brands – as
well as all the elements of brand delivery in driving behaviour change.
- Must have proven experience in designing a brand
position/proposition and ability to guide / develop a marketing delivery
plan and in developing / assessing and deploying 360- degree brand
- Must have proven experience in ‘In-Market’ activation and tracking.
- Must possess the ability and experience to read / understand and
navigate a P&L account sheet with good levels of commercial
- Must possess experience and skills in leading and deploying innovation in the Nigeria or West African marketplace.
- Must possess excellent communication, advocacy, human resource, organisational, networking and interpersonal skills.
- Must have knowledge of ongoing and emerging issues in the
Nigeria FMCG markets and changing retail scenarios including the
emergence of large chains and major mall based retailers.
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package for these positions is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented candidates.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should write a one-page application letter (using
the position reference as the subject), addressed to the “Director,
Applicants for the Position of Head, Internal Audit should apply to email@example.com
While applicants for the Position of Head of Marketing should apply to
- Applicants should send the application, as well as a
comprehensive Curriculum Vitae clearly indicating current telephone
numbers, e-mail address and contact details to the email address beside
the job you are applying for.
- Please include the names and contact details (including
telephone and e-mail addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable
about your professional achievements.
- All applications will be treated in confidence. Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 22nd November, 2016.