16 Nov 2016
Spectrum Forwarding & International Logistics Limited Vacancy for a Chief Clearing Officer
Spectrum Forwarding & International Logistics Limited is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Clearing Officer
- Responsible for managing all import function of the company from Pre shipiment, Shipping and clearing from the ports.
- Responsible for the daily supervision of all customs clearing activities (Import/Export)
- Lead a small team of Customs clearing staff.
- Opening of form M / LC Application to import
- Handling timely order execution & documentation like Pre & Post shipment documents.
- Manage customs documentation for clearing and forwarding.
- Renewal of relevant licenses for all company imported listed items,should be conversant to the procedures
- To get duty assessment in one day after Pre- Arrival Assessment Report PAAR and rotation number is allotted.
- To follow up with approved clearing agent to ensure timely clearance.
- Arrangement for customs and other unit for examination
- To apply and get refunds shipping & container deposits etc.
- To be able to organize fast track clearing for the group.
- To prepare daily progress report and send to Head Office before close of the business.
- Liaising with accredited clearing agent for the clearing of good at destination Apapa , Tin can island and airport as the case maybe
- Liaising with the shipping company on all issues with consignment
- Administering import procedures and documentations and effectively liaison with Nigerian Customs / Logistics.
- Managing demurrages, port charges within specified norms.
- Managing seamless movement of the consignments to the destination.
- Liaising with Port authorities & customs officials, monitoring compliance to regulatory requirements and maintaining requisite papers & documents.
- Coordinating with Port Authorities for various requirements connected the vessels handling at the ports.
- Any other assignment that may be given from time to time by superior officers
- A Bachelor's degree in any relevant discipline. Masters Degree a Plus.
- Minimum of 2-4 years cognate experience in a Clearing & Forwarding Company
- Must have Operational knowledge of the ports and government agencies.
- Must have knowledge of proper clearing and haulage documentation for imports.
- Must have appropriate knowledge of inspection agents, Banks, shipping companies and Terminals.
- Must be proactive and result oriented.
- Ability to work under tight schedule
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Dependability: Reliable, responsible and dependable
- Attention to Details: Being careful about details and thorough in completing work task
- Initiative: Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
- Ability to manage multiple priorities within required timeframes.
- Must have the ability to handle customs and shipping companies for imports, temporary importation, and Exports.
- Must have knowledge of the customs and Excise HS Code and Explanatory notes.
- Mastery of the Internet for Business Purposes.
- Pleasant Personality and Ability
- Proven track record, practical knowledge and deep operating experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- IT working knowledge is essential
- Good presentation skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications via mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 30th November, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.