NERI Nigeria – An International Development Organization is seeking
applications from qualified Nigerian nationals for the vacant position:
Job Title: State Program Manager
Position Start Date: Immediately
- The State Program Manager (SPM) will be responsible for the
development, contracting, implementation and close-out of a portfolio of
activities at the state-level. The SPM will work with Abuja-based
Program Development staff, NERI Senior Management, and community
stakeholders to identify, prioritize and design activities that will
respond to community development priorities in order to further the
objectives of the NERI project.
- The SPM will serve as the main point of contact for state-level
actors and community stakeholders to ensure that all activities fit
within a strategic and coherent portfolio.
- The SPM will be expected to regularly report to Program
Development and Grants staff and receive management and guidance from
NERI Senior Management.
- The SPM will be expected to liaise with various levels of
stakeholders, including government officials, civil society
organizations and community actors; the selected candidate must be able
to maintain good relations with all associated parties.
- This position will be based at Borno State (north eastern Nigeria,) with frequent coordination visits to Abuja.
- The SPM, working with state-level grants and implementation
staff, will be charged with oversight of project activities to ensure
that all tasks are completed within timeframe and budget parameters
defined during project design.
- The SPM will be tasked with the programmatic and administrative
closeout of all activities, including final reporting, disbursement of
funding (in concert with finance staff) and disposition of any project
Reporting & Supervision:
- The State Program Manager reports to the Program Development Manager.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible general oversight of a portfolio of state-level projects.
- Serve as the focal point for all state-level programming and
ensure that the GoN and communities are informed of the objectives and
- In coordination with Community Development Facilitators,
establish community-level project oversight committees to ensure
community buy-in of activities.
- Help set up transparent management and oversight mechanisms and
work to incorporate as wide a range of project beneficiaries, GoN and
other important stakeholders as possible
- In concert with program development staff and senior management,
advice on programmatic design of new projects, monitor implementation
to ensure timely completion and adherence to budget and administrative
and programmatic closeout throughout the state-level.
- Work alongside Government of Nigeria (GoN) officials, community
stakeholders and civil society actors to ensure coherent and strategic
programming as part of a unified project endeavor
- Perform other tasks, as assigned.
- University degree in a related field is required.
- Five years’ experience in grants management with international donor programs is required.
- Experience in working with communities to implement grassroots development projects.
- Attention to detail and the ability to function well in a team.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Fluency in Hausa or any of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria is required
- Prior experience with internationally-funded projects is highly desirable.
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. is required.
- Ability to work under short deadlines and efficiently handle multiple tasks.
How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following documents:
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities AND
- A cover letter
Send to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org Please reference the job title and location on the cover letter and resume /CV.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 21st November, 2016.