Stresert Services Limited – Our client, an Environmental Information
Management System and Risk Management company, is recruiting to fill the
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Key Job Responsibilities
The major role of the job holder (together with the Business Development team) will be to:
- Improve the company’s market position, with the goal of achieving sustained financial long-term net revenue growth;
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn these opportunities into increased business;
- Cold call as appropriate within market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities;
- Use knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators;
- Foster company’s internal professional network, including Market
Sector Leaders, Client Account Managers, and Value Proposition Leaders;
- Manage budget and allocate resources accordingly.
- Meet with potential clients by building, growing and maintaining the company’s clientele network;
- Identify prospective clients and decision makers within the client organization;
- Carry out research work relating to business growth for company, and client organizations;
- Sustainability Risk Management including Environmental Impact
Assessment (EIA), Environmental Audit and Due Diligence, Climate Change
and Green House Gases (GHGs), Post Impact Assessment (PIA), Cleaner
Production, Energy Audits and Efficiency, Life Cycle Assessment,
Corporate Sustainability Management Strategy, Environmental Management
Systems Design, Regulatory Compliance, Environmental Monitoring ( air,
water, soil, etc.),
- Environmental Information Management Systems covering
Environmental Modeling, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Data
Management Systems, 3-D Visualization and Animation of Environmental
Data, Data Mining, Data Integration and Information Delivery, etc.
- Institutional Strengthening and Capacity Building covering management and technical skills training, development and delivery.
- Waste Management and Pollution Control Studies, Spill Contingency Planning, Ecological Risk Assessment, etc.
- The qualified candidate for this position will have a first
Degree in Environmental related studies and at least 8 years experience
in environmental management (out of which at least 4 years would have
been in Business Development) covering specialized environmental and
sustainability risk management consultancy.
- He/she should have a strong understanding of the business
dynamics of the environmental consulting industry; know the essentials
of lead generation, participation in bids, pricing, and have full grasps
of environmental projects execution from beginning to end.
- The ideal candidate is expected to be self-driven and motivated.
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Prior consulting experience will be an advantage, though not compulsory
- Ability to mentor and transfer knowledge/technical skills to junior professionals
- Ability to motivate and lead teams
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite and other relevant computer applications
Salary is above industry standard.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV’s to: email@example.com using ‘BD-EIA’ as subject of mail.
Note: Candidates who have similar responsibilities listed above will be contacted for interviews.
Application Deadline 10th December, 2016.