17 Nov 2016
UNICEF Job in Abuja for a Human Resources Officer
nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF is recruiting to fill the job position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Officer, P-2
Job Number: 501404
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Work Type: Fixed Term Staff
Purpose of the Position
- Under the general supervision of the Human Resources Manager and within the framework of organizational staff learning and development policies, responsible for the formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of state-of- the-arts learning and training programmes for UNICEF Nigerian staff. Support the staff in career coaching and counselling in accordance with UNICEF guidelines.
- Based on the assessment of existing competencies as well as identified learning/training needs in staff members' PERs, assist in designing and implementing innovative and focused staff development strategies capable of delivering real performance gains to UNICEF Nigeria within available budgets. Systematically and objectively assesses staff and organizational learning/training needs based on annual performance review and office priorities and in line with the learning/training Policy thrust of UNICEF.
- Implement cost-effectively the approved range of courses by mobilizing internal resources (including UNICEF e-learning courses)- AGORA, for their execution with the thrust coming from the incumbent and thereby reducing dependence on external consultants. Lead and manage the interface between external training providers and UNICEF Nigeria, ensuring that the training given meets staff needs and contributes to the acquisition/development of competencies required for an effective implementation of the Country Programme.
- In consultation with the Supervisor, the Chairperson of the Learning and Staff Development committee (LSDC), the Chief of Operations and Chiefs of Programme Sections, develop best practices in all aspects of staff development, performance management and constantly evaluates the effectiveness of training programmes to determine challenges and areas of improvement. Assist in securing specialist advice, guidance to line management on training and development and to ensure that learning becomes an integral part of staff development.
- Develop appropriate relationships for staff development between the Country Office and Zone/Field Offices that promotes learning/training/coaching initiatives and would shape a learning culture in UNICEF Nigeria.
- Contribute to providing or, at least securing, through internal and external resources, guidance and coaching services to staff in work related areas, career development, interpersonal relations and other issues that could be of real interest and concern to staff.
- Keep and maintain up-to-date staff personal training history and record for career planning purposes and administration. Provide on-going updates to established training programs already in place.
- Review at the end of year the Office's achievement with regard to the annual learning/training plan and activities, highlighting success, weaknesses and challenges; and draft a report including recommendations for consideration in the preparation of the Annual Management Plan, as well as submission to the regional office.
- Support Nigeria staff members in determining their career growth through career coaching and counselling. Also provide coaching and counselling to staff members in relation to their performance evaluations.
- Prepare induction/orientation programmes for all new staff and facilitate the implementation and monitoring of such programmes. Develop learning/training programmes for existing employees to ensure that staff are given appropriate training opportunities that contribute to their professional development.
- University Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Social Sciences or related field with specialized training in Learning and staff development. Certification in coaching and counselling with be an advantage.
- At least two (2) years of progressively responsible professional work experience at the international level in managing and delivering training and staff development programmes for multinational organizations.
- A good knowledge of Research on Training/Learning and Staff Development would be an asset.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken) are required.
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Communication [II]
- Drive for Result [I]
- Working With People [II]
- Analyzing [I]
- Planning and Organizing [I]
- Relating and Networking [I]
- Applying Technical Expertise [II]
- Following Instructions and Procedures [II]
- The successful candidate for this emergency recruitment MUST be available to commence work within 31 days of receiving an offer.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 30th November, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.