The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) – For 70 years, UNICEF has
been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote
children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest
provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child
nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education
for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence,
exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary
contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about
making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s
rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Assistant, GS-5
Job Number: 501397
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Work Type: Fixed Term Staff
Under the supervision of the Human Resources Officer, performs
moderately specialized tasks in supporting the following HR function in
- On boarding New Staff: Provides induction briefing on benefits
and issues personnel actions on initial appointments, extension of
fixed-term appointments, promotions and conversions for locally
recruited staff. Follow-up on contract extensions, within-grade
increment, promotions and entitlements to allowances and benefits as
well as pension fund enrolment and distribution of forms. Follow-up with
UNJSPF on payments of benefits.
- Prepare, maintain and update human resource database and VISION
reports on staffing lists, expiration of contracts, etc. Focal point for
all HR related databases; organograms; security lists; Job Descriptions
as well as focal point for Global Service Centre (GSSC).
- Assist in the recruitment of NPO/GS drafting and posting of
internal and external vacancy announcements, short listing, organizing
for interviews and conducting reference checks and regret letters to
- Establishes and maintains official status files for all staff
members in UNICEF Nigeria. Maintains up-to-date job descriptions for all
staff (international and local) within Nigeria.
- Maintains the attendance record and the office leave plan
including home leave monitoring as well as Rest and Recuperation
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor in support of the HR team.
Qualification, Skills and Attributes required to peform the Duties of the Post
- Secondary education/degree required
- University course in related subject (Human Resource, Law, Psychology, Management, etc.) will be an asset
- Proficiency in spreadsheet and database software.
- Five years’ experience in the Field of Personnel/Administration, experience of international organisation desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Good knowledge of the local language(s)
- Knowledge of another working language in the organization an asset
- Diversity and inclusion
- Communication (II)
- Working with people (II)
- Drive for results (II)
- Analyzing (II)
- Applying technical expertise (II)
- Planning and organizing (II)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (II)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 30th November, 2016.