17 Nov 2016
UNICEF Job in Nigeria for a Human Resources Assistant
nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Assistant, GS-5
Job Number: 501397
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Work Type: Fixed Term Staff
Under the supervision of the Human Resources Officer, performs moderately specialized tasks in supporting the following HR function in the office:
- On boarding New Staff: Provides induction briefing on benefits and issues personnel actions on initial appointments, extension of fixed-term appointments, promotions and conversions for locally recruited staff. Follow-up on contract extensions, within-grade increment, promotions and entitlements to allowances and benefits as well as pension fund enrolment and distribution of forms. Follow-up with UNJSPF on payments of benefits.
- Prepare, maintain and update human resource database and VISION reports on staffing lists, expiration of contracts, etc. Focal point for all HR related databases; organograms; security lists; Job Descriptions as well as focal point for Global Service Centre (GSSC).
- Assist in the recruitment of NPO/GS drafting and posting of internal and external vacancy announcements, short listing, organizing for interviews and conducting reference checks and regret letters to unsuccessful candidates.
- Establishes and maintains official status files for all staff members in UNICEF Nigeria. Maintains up-to-date job descriptions for all staff (international and local) within Nigeria.
- Maintains the attendance record and the office leave plan including home leave monitoring as well as Rest and Recuperation (R&R) entitlement.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor in support of the HR team.
- Secondary education/degree required
- University course in related subject (Human Resource, Law, Psychology, Management, etc.) will be an asset
- Proficiency in spreadsheet and database software.
- Five years' experience in the Field of Personnel/Administration, experience of international organisation desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Good knowledge of the local language(s)
- Knowledge of another working language in the organization an asset
- Diversity and inclusion
- Communication (II)
- Working with people (II)
- Drive for results (II)
- Analyzing (II)
- Applying technical expertise (II)
- Planning and organizing (II)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (II)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 30th November, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.