University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital, invites applications from
interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position
Job Title: Director of Administration
- The Director of Administration shall be responsible to the Chief
Medical Director for day-today general administration of the Hospital.
- He shall be the Chief Administrative adviser to the Chief Medical Director and Secretary to the Board of Management.
In addition, the Director of Administration shall:
- Take charge of the department responsible for administration;
- Conduct the correspondence of the Board and keep the records of the Hospital;
- Perform such other functions as the Board or the Chief Medical Director may from time to time assign to him/her.
- Participating in formulation execution and review of policies as directed by the Chief Medical Director and/or the Board;
- Coordinating the activities of support departments in the Hospital;
- Candidates must possess a good first degree in either
Hospital/Health Services Management or the Humanities or Social Sciences
from a recognized University or its equivalent.
- Fellow or Associate of the Institute of Health Service
Administrators of Nigeria (IHSAN) or any other relevant professional
certificate is an added advantage.
- Working experience in a hospital is an added advantage.
- Candidates must have not less than twenty (20) years of post-qualification experience
- Possession of Master’s Degree or any other relevant higher degrees would be an added advantage.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- Salary and conditions of service shall be in accordance with the Public Service salary structure for this category of officers
The Director of Administration shall hold office effective from the date
of appointment inclusive of any period previously served as a Director
in any other organization in the Public Service, provided the officer
does not attain the mandatory retirement age of Sixty (60) years or
thirty-five (35) years of service (whichever comes first) and on such
terms and conditions as may he specified in the letter of appointment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward fifteen copies (15)
of their letters of application accompanied with photocopies of their
credentials and detailed Curriculum Vitae. The application and
attachment should be in a sealed envelope marked “Application for the
post of Director of Administration” at the top left hand corner of the
envelope and addressed to:
The Chief Medical Director,
University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital,
Note: The Curriculum Vitae must include the names and
addresses of three (3) referees one of whom must be within the rank of
Directorate cadre. Recommendation letters from the referees should be
sent directly to the above address by the referee.
Application Deadline 22nd December, 2016.