APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk
Group – a Global Fortune 500 company with about 89,000 employees and
offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of
fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and manufacturing
industries – Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
We are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60
countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port
operations and container management services.
Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to
experience different cultures and make friends all over the world.
You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our
offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is
APM Terminals is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: OPS STA
- Provides the leadership and direction for the operations of the
Container Terminal in the operations department to maintain and create
safe working conditions while ensuring excellent customer service and
maintaining a high productivity and cost efficient operation.
- Execute strategies for the operations department in line with
& contributing to the company vision & strategy, within the
borders of business plan & budget.
- Manage the daily operations according to the agreed operating principles of the business & relationships with customers.
- Measure and monitor performance against critical criteria, policy and guidelines.
- Direct reports and labour in the operations department are
trained in best operation practices with regards to advanced operations
strategies and new technology.
- Achieve the Company’s and its customer’s expectations with regard to operational efficiency, productivity and reliability.
- Liaise with labour unions to ensure industrial harmony with the workforce
- Manage employee performance issues including training, appraisals, discipline and grievances.
- Participate in selection, negotiation & finalizing
agreements with suppliers & customers & where appropriate be
responsible for execution & maintenance of service levels as agreed.
- Contribute input to development in technology & systems as
applicable to improve efficiencies in cost, productivity & customer
- Ensure compliance with HSSE policies & procedures by all
operational staff and enforce safe working practices and ensure lost
time injuries are kept to a minimum..
- Ensure a cost efficient operation in excess current best practices.
Who we are looking for
- Candidate with a Bachelor degree in Logistics, Maritime and Port
Management, process/industrial engineering or a marine qualification,
at least at Masters 1st Class level (having had command of a vessel)
- Experience in Ship Gear and Mobile Harbour Crane Operations.
- In-depth comprehensive understanding of container terminal
operations, especially vessel cargo logistics, hazardous cargo, special
cargo handling requirements and equipment.
- Advanced level of verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Post graduate studies in Port and/or Terminal Management, or related business studies.
- 7 years or more of strong leadership & managerial experience in terminal operations environment.
- Experience in finance related matters, setting budgets and reporting against financial objectives.
We offer a safe, friendly, engaging working environment, opportunities
for personal and professional growth and a competitive compensation
package. In addition, we offer exposure to international standards
multi-purpose terminal operations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 2nd December, 2016.