Christian Aid – Voice to the People (V2P) is a good governance project
supporting communities in Kaduna state and the Southeast region of
Nigeria to drive accountability among their leaders, raise their voices
to demand the rights and services to which they are entitled and take
part in the decision-making processes that affect their lives.
V2P aims to tackle the high levels of poverty that persist in Nigeria
due to poor governance and ineffective service delivery by supporting
citizens to influence effectively the provision of improved public
services for all, including poor and excluded groups. It also sets out
to facilitate citizen inclusion in decision-making processes about
policy and service delivery.
Funded by UK aid from the UK government, Voice to the people is a
partnership of state and national level civil society organisations led
by Christian Aid Nigeria.
Christian Aid is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Web Designer – Short Term Consultant
Purpose of the Consultancy
Christian Aid and its partners on the V2P project will use digital and
social media as an approach to support citizen advocacy for state
accountability, and a big element of this is the project’s website.
Christian Aid is therefore looking to engage a web designer to refresh
the existing WordPress project website (www.voicetothepeople.org) to be
more in line with current design trends – a clean, bright and easy to
navigate website that is mobile-optimised and accessible.
This refresh should create an interactive web platform with engaging
multimedia, to hold information about the project and its activities and
correctly project the V2P brand in style and design. Taking into
consideration our target audience, we also seek a website that will be
accessible on mobile, tablet and desktop devices.
Specific Responsibilities of the Consultant
- Regularly communicate with Christian Aid to gain mutual
understanding of the project’s website needs and provide daily updates
during the period of the contract.
- Layout (design and code) pages to agreed design within WordPress
so that they can be easily updated and managed by editors (without
coding experience) in the CMS.
- Test and improve the design until the site functions as agreed
with Christian Aid. This includes quality assurance testing and full
browser testing across major devices and browsers.
- Update staff on content management changes.
- Upload the site and handover the completed website, all assets and all admin access to Christian Aid after successful testing.
- Take time to fully understand V2P and our users’ needs and draw
up a detailed website specification / design plan that will meet the
requirements of the project.
- Re-design and agree with Christian Aid sample page layouts,
using fonts and colours that are consistent with the V2P branding
guidelines. Wireframes for mobile, tablet, desktop are suggested.
- Design the website’s visual imagery in line with V2P’s branding
guidelines, sign this off with Christian Aid and make any changes
- The website redesign process is expected to begin on the 16th of
November 2016 for an estimated duration of no more than 14 working
- The consultant is expected to work from his/her own station, but
should retain constant communication with Christian Aid to provide
updates on progress made, including short daily catch ups to report on
progress and so both sides can address any questions.
- The consultant is expected to develop a realistic work plan showing milestones in the process.
Terms of Engagement
- Please note that Christian Aid complies with all tax policies
and regulations, and therefore a 5% withholding tax will be deducted at
source from the total cost of the consultancy fee.
- The successful candidate is therefore required to provide to Christian Aid his/her Tax Identification Number (TIN).
- The successful candidate (individual or firm) will need to
demonstrate knowledge and skill in graphical and user-centred web
design, programming and front-end coding.
- Previous experience with Word Press is mandatory. He/she must
have a good understanding of web programming and scripting languages
He/ she must also:
- Be creative
- Have the ability to work according to the agreed deadlines
- Pay attention to detail
- Have good problem-solving skills and a logical approach to work.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and application letters to: email@example.com
- Only shortlisted consultants/firms will be contacted.
- Interested freelance consultants or firms should submit complete applications on or before the above closing date.
- Any applications submitted after this time will not be considered.
Application Deadline 11am 9th November, 2016.