8 Nov 2016
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization Jobs for Gender Consultants in Nigeria
at 17:03 Tags: Abuja Jobs , Akwa Ibom State , Consultancy Jobs , Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization
5-year USAID-funded project called “Local Partners for Orphans and Vulnerable Children, Region 2 (LOPIN)” Project for Anambra, Imo, Akwa Ibom and Rivers States.
Are you first or second class upper division graduate and unemployed? Are you creative and have a flair for communication work in development sector? This is the role for you!
As a volunteer you will be working closely with the Gender and Communications Specialist and New Business Associate and essential team members of the Organisation.
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Gender Consultant
Location: Abuja and Akwa Ibom
- Gender inequality and gender norms are closely linked to the epidemic control of HIV/AIDS. They also have impact on access to community HIV prevention and care and support. Therefore, it is important for a community focused Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) program to evaluate the impact of gender norms and gender inequality in the community by conducting gender analysis.
- Increasing gender equity in HIV/AIDS programs and services, including reproductive health
- Preventing and responding to gender-based violence (GBV)
- Engaging men and boys
- Increasing women and girls’ legal rights and protection
- Increasing women and girls’ access to income and productive resources, including education
- Gender analysis in the context of PEPFAR focuses on the socio-cultural gender norms, inequities, and inequalities that put both men and women at risk of acquiring or transmitting HIV, their ability to access HIV services, and efforts to achieve epidemic control. This includes: (a) access to and control over resources; (b) access to and utilization of HIV prevention, treatment, care, and support; and (c) differences in power among and between women, men, girls, boys, and gender and sexual minorities, as well as subgroups of these populations.
- In order to reduce vulnerabilities that put people at risk of HIV infection, as well as mitigating factors of the disease, PEPFAR has outlined five key gender strategies:
- The purpose of the gender analysis is to review key gender issues and gender-based constraints identified in Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Imo and Rivers and develop a gender analysis framework and standard curriculum to strengthen the PEPFAR OVC response in the States.
- The analysis will address the following objectives:
- To identify strategies and approaches that LOPIN-2 can use to promote gender equality and improve the well-being of women, men, girls and boys.
- To provide key recommendations that identifies and prioritizes how LOPIN 2 can integrate the PEPFAR gender strategies into existing programs and strategies.
- To conduct gender training for LOPIN 2 staff and CBOs.
- To identify the gender-based constraints to, and opportunities for, equitable access and participation in LOPIN 2 programs and services.
The following deliverables are expected from this SOW:
- Written methodology, work plan, schedule and draft report outline.
- List of documents consulted for the literature review.
- A debrief meeting for the team and prior to the submission of the draft report. A PowerPoint presentation will be prepared for the meeting.
- Gender analysis framework highlighting gender constraint and strategies for addressing such gender issues
- Standard gender curriculum manual on gender engagements with modules that addresses identified gender issues.
- Arrange in-state transportation logistics and set up training date and venue and, communicate to staff.
- WEWE - LOPIN 2 team will supply the collated data on gender norms collected during key informant interviews and group discussions to the consultant once the SOW is approved.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive CV and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MS word document) explaining their suitability to: firstname.lastname@example.org Kindly indicate the title of the position applied for in the subject line of the email and include functional emails/mobile phone numbers and full contact information and at least three professional referees on their CV.
- WEWE’s recruitment process for this position will be on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first come first served basis.
- WEWE reserve the right to conclude this recruitment process when a suitable candidate is selected
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.