Women for Women International (WfWI) – In countries affected by conflict
and war, Women for Women International (WfWI) supports the most
marginalized women to earn and save money,
improve health and
well-being, influence decisions in their home and community and connect
to networks for support. By utilizing skills, knowledge, and resources,
she is able to create sustainable change for herself, her family, and
Since 1993, Women for Women International (WfWI) has helped nearly
429,000 marginalized women in countries affected by war and conflict. We
directly work with women in eight countries, offering support, tools,
and access to life-changing skills to move from crisis and poverty to
stability and economic self-sufficiency.
Women for Women International is recruiting to fill the job position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
- The Finance Assistant is responsible for assisting the Finance
Manager and the Accountant with financial management, payroll and
Assistance with General Accounting/Financial Management and Reporting:
- Manage the office petty cash in safe and reconcile daily
- Assist with financial transactions to be recorded on daily basis into the country office accounting system.
- Maintain and monitor an effective Country Office filing system
including but not limited to; bank documents, withdrawal slips, transfer
records, bank statements, invoice, timesheets and payroll records.
- Assist with ensuring that the internal control procedures and
donor regulations are followed for all cash disbursements, receipts,
transfers and include appropriate back up for US – A133 compliance.
- The Finance Assistance will have access to sensitive and
confidential information and is expected to act with utmost discretion
- Assist with preparing and submitting monthly financial reports in the required Women for Women International format.
- Assist in managing cash flow, and country office bank accounts.
- Assist with preparing payments for vendors/contractors for goods and services received.
- Assist the Finance Manager in ensuring that authorization levels
are respected in the approval of all payments prior to fund
- Assist with the annual audit
Assistance with Logistics:
- Assist the Finance Manager and the Accountant with the
maintenance of inventory and controls for the country office fixed
assets (i.e., such as vehicles, furniture and computer equipment).
Maintain and update the inventory list and depreciation schedule for
- Assist with preparation of monthly payroll working to ensure
that Country Office payroll is done in compliance with national tax and
- Assist with managing timesheets for office, ensuring timely submission, approval, accuracy and filing.
- Ensure the monthly payroll allocations entries are properly
calculated, coded and entered appropriately into accounting system,
including review and approval of allocations specific grants and
Skills and Qualifications
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Finance, Accounting or Business;
- At least two (2) years of work experience in a Finance or Accounting department;
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and to take initiative;
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required;
- Finance Assistance will be held to the highest ethical standards.
- Commitment and respect for Women for Women International’s mission and values.
- Discretion with sensitive materials and a strong understanding of confidentiality.
- Excellent computer skills including spreadsheet, database, word
processing, presentation and email along with data entry experience.
- Familiarity with Quick Books Pro accounting software is desirable
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with strong analytical, reasoning and problem-solving abilities;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV’s, cover letter and 3 professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please put “Finance Assistant” in the subject line.
Note: Only short listed applicants will be invited to interview. No telephone inquiries please.
Application Deadline 2nd December, 2016.