The World Bank Group is one of the world’s largest sources of funding
and knowledge for developing countries. It uses financial resources and
extensive experience to help our client countries to reduce poverty,
increase economic growth, and improve quality of life.
To ensure that
countries can access the best global expertise and help generate
cutting-edge knowledge, the World Bank Group is constantly seeking to
improve the way it works. Key priorities include delivering measurable
results, promoting openness and transparency in development, and
improving access to development information and data.
The World Bank Group seeks application from qualified candidate to fill the vacant position in Abuja below:
Job Title: Research Associate
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- The World Bank Group is seeking to recruit a highly qualified
Research Associate to be based in the World Bank Country Office in
Abuja, Nigeria to contribute to the priorities of the Livestock-Micro
reforms in Agribusiness (L-MIRA) project.
- The L-MIRA project is a non-lending, advisory project fully funded by the Gates Foundation.
- The project is led by the Trade & Competitiveness Practice
Group, and designed in partnership and with input from the WBGs
Livestock Working Group and staff of the Agriculture global practice
- The objective of the project is to support the growth of the
Dairy and Poultry Value Chains through targeted regulatory and
institutional reforms to increase access by smallholder farmers/
livestock producers to improved services/technologies and market
Scope of Work
- Task 1: Conduct research on tariff structure and taxes on
poultry inputs including drugs, vaccines, maize, soybeans, additives,
vitamins, poultry cages.
- Task 2: Conduct research on the government agencies involved in
regulating animal feed, drugs, animal health, and poultry processing.
- Task 3: Map out the procedure involved for drug registration and renewal of licenses
- Task 4: Conduct general research on the market potential for
poultry in Nigeria and assist in the writing of the project
- Task 5: Identify the data collection mechanism and gaps in the poultry sector
- Task 6: Analyze the market and demand for lab services
- Task 7: Review the animal feed law specific to issues raised in the Enabling the Business of Agri report.
- Task 8: Provide general support to the Nigeria L-MIRA project including the participation in missions and meetings as needed.
Selection Criteria and Electronic Applications
- The successful candidate shall be required to hold a Master’s
degree in one of the following areas: Public Policy, Agriculture,
Business Administration, Law or any relevant field.
- Experience working with government counterparts in Nigeria is preferred
- Strong experience conducting research including data collection and report writing
- Experience organizing workshops or events
- 4 to 7 years relevant experience preferably working with a development organization
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- When the page opens, click on “Register Firm (First time user) or click on “Login” (Members only).
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 11:59:59 PM; 18th November, 2016.