1 Dec 2016
Job at Solidarites International for an Administrative & Logistic Manager
by Jobzilla Nigeria at 12/01/2016 12:00:00 pm Tags: Administrative Jobs , Logistics Jobs , Solidarites International
A continued presence of senior managers has been maintained since mid-May in Borno state and Abuja. Additionally, SI registration in Nigeria is ongoing with the help of a local lawyer.
Solidarites International has been operating in Borno State since July 2016, and is strongly focusing on the massive life-saving needs of the conflict-affected populations, through a 3-legged strategy:
Solidarites International is recruiting to fill the job position below:
Job Title: Administrative & Logistic Manager
Locations: Monguno or Dikwa, Borno
Desired start date: 15th December, 2016
Duration of the mission: 6 months (possible extension subject to funding)
- The Candidate works under the supervision of the administrative coordinator and of the Logistics Coordinator.
- The administrator - Logistician carries out administrative, accounting, financial and logistics management of his/her base, in compliance with donor and SOLIDARITES International procedures.
- Capacity-building of the Admin-Log department staffs
- Provide adequate support to the activity manager (FSL&WASH)
- Communication in a non-English speaking context
- IRC partner strong follow-up and capacity building in total autonomy
- Manages the set-up of the base.
- Ensures good relations with local authorities including the Nigerian army officers.
- Manage storage of goods in respect of the transparency towards Nigerian
- He/she organizes logistics and administrative support to the programs.
- The administrator - Logistician is charged with ensuring that Solidarités International’s Human Resources policy is properly implemented as well as of the supervision of all the logistics and administrative activities at the base level.
- He supports monitors and trains the members of his administrative team.
- He/she assists the base Manager or the Field Coordinator to implement the security procedures
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, administration, and/or logistic or related field and at least one year proven experience in administrative, financial and logistics management.
- Minimum of 6 months of international experience, preferably in emergency or humanitarian contexts; experience in sensitive environments (post-conflict, conflict), IDP/refugee camp experience is an added value.
- Previous experience of local partner capacity building and management is an asset.
- Knowledge in administrative, human resources and financial management.
- Experience in training a small team and local partners - Significant importance on capacity building for this position
- Autonomy - Sense of diplomacy - Patience very appreciate when it comes to deal with local partner - Asian experience valued
- Knowledge in procurement, fleet (car) and premises (energy, ICT, security) management. Knowledge of Solidarites International rules and procedures in terms of all human resources,financial and logistic matters (finance, accountancy, cash management, HR processes, purchase process...) preferred.
- Ability to manage software: SAGA - HOMERE and Excel;
- Good English command (spoken and written) essential.
- During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of one break every three months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7-day break during the 3rd and the 9th month (with 500 euros allocated by Solidarités).
- He or she will also be entitled to go back to his or her home country for a 14-day period after six months spent on the mission (Solidarités will cover travel costs).
- During the assignment, the expatriate is entitled to R&R every three months: one week at three and nine months (with a 500 euro allowance) and two weeks at six months (with a plane ticket back home covered by Solidarités).
- Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks.
- Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
The Remuneration is according to experience from 1600 euros gross per month, plus 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly, and a monthly Per Diem of 750 USD.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Candidate should send their CV and Cover letter in English, only applications will not be considered
Application Deadline 31st December, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.