1 Dec 2016
Job for a Chemistry Teacher at Westside Academy, Lagos
Westside Academy is recruiting to fill the job position below:
Job Title: School Chemistry Teacher
- A Chemistry teacher is an outstanding classroom practitioner who consistently demonstrates the highest standards of delivery, is fully committed to raising attainment across all key stages and acutely aware of the strategies required to achieve the highest standards within their subject area.
A Chemistry teacher, working with other members of Westside Academy teaching team, will be responsible for the delivery of the following key priorities:
- To provide outstanding teaching to create a vibrant and distinctive culture for learning for the students.
- To ensure all Westside Academy students are able to thrive and engage in both academic and vocational learning to achieve above and beyond their highest potential whilst developing personal and employability skills.
- To plan and execute a diverse programme that meets individual learner needs within Chemistry.
- Managing quality of teaching and learning within Chemistry.
- Working with partners and sponsors effectively to enhance the students learning.
- Understanding national standards within the subject area and ensuring these are followed.
- Using effective target setting systems for all students within Chemistry.
- Identifying effective intervention and mentoring strategies for students within Chemistry.
- Attending College meetings and committees as required.
- Undertaking such other duties as are commensurate with the post and which may reasonably be required by the Principal.
- Teaching students according to their educational needs, including the appropriate setting and marking of work to be carried out by the students.
- Assessing, recording and reporting on the attendance, progress, development and attainment of students whilst keeping electronic records as required.
- Contributing to reports and references relating to individual students.
- Ensuring that ICT, Literacy and Numeracy are part of the teaching and learning experience of students.
- Ensuring a high quality learning experience for students, which meets internal and external quality standards.
- Preparing and regularly updating subject materials.
- Using a variety of delivery methods, which will stimulate learning appropriate to student needs and demands of the syllabus.
- Maintaining discipline in accordance with Westside Academy procedures, and to encourage good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and independent learning.
- Undertaking assessment of students as requested by external examination bodies, departmental and College procedures.
- Marking and grading students’ work which enables you to give written/verbal and diagnostic feedback.
- Supporting and motivating students to allow them to grow and enhance their own skills in both achieving qualifications and work ready.
- To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate.
- To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a Teacher/Form Tutor.
- To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- To contribute to raising standards of student attainment.
- To share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth teaching.
- Teach consistently high quality lessons.
- Plan and deliver schemes of work and lessons that meet the requirements of Westside Academy.
- Be a role model for students, inspiring them to be actively interested in Chemistry.
- Follow schemes of work for Chemistry at all key stages.
- Promote aspects of Personal Development related to Chemistry.
- Updating professional knowledge and expertise as appropriate to keep up to date with developments in teaching practice and methodology, in general, and in the curriculum area of Chemistry.
- Ensuring a high quality learning environment within the Chemistry area Assessment, Feedback and Tracking.
- Contributing to the College’s Enrichment programme, including a willingness to participate in occasional overnight visits.
- Proven record of success as an outstanding Chemistry Teacher.
- At least 2-4years previous teaching experience.
- Have a minimum of HND.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 31st January, 2017.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.