The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Nigeria
is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the
position below in the Program Office (PROG):
Job Title: Secretary
Solicitation Number: AID-620-S-17-00002
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Work hours: 40 hours (Full time)
Position Grade: FSN 7
Period of Performance: Five years renewable.
Who May Apply: Nigerians Only (Resident in Nigeria).
Basic Function of the Position
- Serves as Secretary/Office Manager to the Program Office,
USAID/Nigeria. Performs the full range of secretarial and administrative
functions essential to the efficient performance of individuals and
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as Secretary for the Program Office, USAID/Nigeria,
providing a wide range of representative support services, including:
maintains calendars; organizes meetings as directed; schedules meetings
for Program Office team members; sends out meeting notices, etc.; makes
travel arrangements, prepares trip requests, vehicle requests and travel
vouchers; assists in the preparation, review and submission of
procurement requisition packages (GLAAS); composes non-technical
correspondence, including responses to unsolicited proposals and
applications; researches and assembles information for various reports,
briefings, and conferences; prepares routine reports, briefings,
preparations, and analyses; follows up with Mission staff members to
ensure that commitments are met; edits written products prepared by or
provided to the Supervisory Program Officer.
- Assists the Program Office with the preparation, management,
response and tracking of Program Office general correspondence,
including unsolicited proposals and applications.
- Assists in preparation of, or assumes preparation of, country
clearance (eCC) for temporary duty (TDY) guests of the Program Office,
making or following up on logistics (hotel, transportation, etc.) and
other arrangements as required. Arranges schedules and welcome packages
- Performs a variety of clerical and procedural duties, including:
providing telephone, receptionist, and protocol services for the
Program Office; orders expendable supplies; files material and maintains
the filing systems; receives and controls incoming correspondence and
communications; prepares work orders for repair of office equipment and
systems; and schedules the use of conference rooms in coordination with
other Mission secretarial staff.
- Education: Completion of secondary school is required. At least
two years of post-secondary school, business school, or college,
including typing, office practice, and word processing is required.
- Job Knowledge: Good knowledge of office management procedures and practice is required.
- Skills and Abilities: Level II typing ability (40 words per minute) is required; typing test may be requested of candidates.
- Proficiency in operating computers with standard software,
including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other software
programs is required. Testing of computer and software skills may be
requested of candidates.
- Must be proficient in using the internet and e-mail.
- Prior Work Experience: Must have at least five years of
progressively responsible secretarial and clerical experience. This can
include experience in related work with overseas development
organizations, other donor organizations, host-government organizations,
or private sector institutions.
- Post Entry Training: On-the-job training in USAID-specific
procedures, rules and regulations. Training in USAID-specific systems
such as eCC, GLAAS, Assist, and Webgram will be provided.
- Language Proficiency (List both English and host country
language(s) proficiency requirements by level (II, III) and
specialization (speak/read): Level IV (fluent) English oral and writing
ability is required.
N4, 766,721 p.a (starting basic salary). In addition to the basic
salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a complete Application
Package which must include all required documents stated below to: AbujaHRAID@state.gov
- Signed Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a
current resume or Curriculum Vitae that provides the same information as
- Any documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above
- (e.g. transcripts, degrees, NYSC certificate/exemption etc.).
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically
applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as
advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on
the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submission to one entry/email not
larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats
(version 2003 or later version).
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and
incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications must
contain the solicitation number and position title.
- Only short-listed candidates will be notified
- This solicitation is open only to Nigerian Nationals.
- Applications with insufficient information to make a determination will not be considered.
- Any/All application submissions after the closing date will not be considered.
- No in-person appointments or telephone calls will be entertained.
- Mailed (paper/hard copies) applications will NOT be accepted.
- USAID is an equal opportunity employer , all ethnic groups and genders are urged to apply
Application Deadline 14th December, 2016.