Westside Academy in collaboration with Study Overseas Specialised
Institute is an organisation which is saddled with the responsibility of
providing qualitative educational services both internationally and
locally to students who wish to study in America, Europe, Asia, South
Africa, Nigeria, etc.
Westside Academy is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: School Secretary
- A school secretary performs a variety of clerical, secretarial,
and other minor administrative functions required for the operation of
school sites and other instructional programs; performs other related
duties as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate an excellent secretarial skills, general bookkeeping
skills, organizational and filing skills, and the ability to use
electronic equipment for word processing, data management, information
retrieval, visual presentations, and telecommunications.
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office or an equivalent computer program.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
- Demonstrate appropriate telephone etiquette, with proper voice inflection.
- Have excellent integrity and demonstrate good moral character and initiative.
- Exhibit a personality that demonstrates enthusiasm and
interpersonal skills to relate well with
- Arrange appointments and maintain a schedule for the Principal and assigned staff.
- Make announcements and operate the school intercom systems.
- Assist the Principal in the preparation of reports and documents
by creating graphics and displays, using word processing and data
management, creating an attractive presentation, copying, collating, and
distributing final products.
- Type, reproduce and distribute notices to staff, students and parents.
- Ensure that all communications from the office meet proper written and oral English standards.
- Act as a receptionist, greeting visitors, answering telephone
calls in a pleasant and efficient manner, and communicating effectively
in routine, sensitive, and confidential matters.
- Register new students, secure appropriate student records,
maintain confidential student records, and transfer records for students
moving to other schools.
- Maintain attendance data for each staff member. Prepare attendance reports, coordinated with payroll data, as required.
- Create forms, compile and organize data and information
necessary for the efficient operation of the office, the completion of
required district and State data collections, and the completion of the
Principal’s responsibilities. Complete all required monthly and yearly
end reports in a timely fashion.
- Order and maintain office supplies.
- Maintain inventories of books, materials, and equipment of the school.
- Supervise assigned secretarial and clerical assistants.
- students, staff,
administration, parents and the community, including difficult and
- Organize and maintain an efficient and effective office that
handles a variety of tasks for the administration, faculty, students,
and parents of the school.
- Perform secretarial and clerical tasks of a varied nature. Many
tasks will require a thorough knowledge of the rules and regulations of
the school and school system and the frequent exercise of independent
judgment within the scope of the authority granted by the Principal.
- Maintain a current school calendar of events and use of facilities.
- Maintain efficient and well organized electronic and paper data
collection and filing systems, including confidential student and
- Create and maintain a clean, attractive, orderly, safe, and efficient office environment.
- Distribute mail and handle correspondence of the office,
responding to routine requests for information, and transcribing, word
processing, and proofing letters and responses.
- Have a minimum of HND and minimum of two years of successful
experience in a related secretarial or office position, or be a graduate
of a recognized program of secretarial studies.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV’s to: email@example.com
Application Deadline 31st January, 2017.