11 Jan 2017
Piping / Structural Site Supervisor Job at Total, Port Harcourt
Job Title: Piping / Structural Site SupervisorServices to be performed by the Piping / Structural Site Supervisor shall include the following, but without limitation:
- Ensure awareness and compliance with HSE rules and regulations by contractors,
- Ensure strict application by contractors of PTW (permit to work) and approved work procedures in order to not endanger safety of personnel and integrity of the facilities,
- Ensure compliance of the works with the applicable regulations, specifications and technical documents,
- Ensure works’ schedule is met.
- Promote safety culture and COMPANY HSE rules within COMPANY and contractors personnel,
- Participate in and conduct tool-box meetings before any activity takes place on site,
- Ensure that compensatory measures highlighted during the Job risk analysis (JRA) session and into the PTW (Permit To Work) are in place,
- Ensure that applicable HSE rules and specifications are complied with at all time during execution of the works (regardless of whether they are performed by COMPANY or contractors personnel), take actions as required in case of deviation, stop the works when deemed unsafe, and organize corresponding tool-box meetings,
- Report and address any anomaly.
- Assist Site Superintendent,
- Guide the contractors and COMPANY personnel during site technical visits (pre-bid, study, etc.) and provide clarification as necessary,
- Participate to the site kick off meetings and associated JRA,
- Participate to the post-mobilization inspections made with FO for all activities to take place on site,
- Verify proper qualification of contractors’ construction & inspection personnel and report any deviation,
- Verify suitability as well as proper calibration and documentation of contractors’ construction & inspection equipment and report any deviation,
- Verify proper identification of material to be incorporated as well as availability and suitability of supporting documentation (mill test certificates, prefabrication dossier, vendor documentation, etc.) and report any deviation,
- Verify proper preparation and organization of the contractors (availability of necessary personnel, tool and documentation) and report any deviation,
- Verify proper maintenance by contractors of an as built marked-up master of technical drawings and diagrams,
- Verify proper implementation by contractors of the pre-commissioning tests/checks and report any deviation,
- Review and endorse contractors’ inspection, check and test records or reports,
- Prepare and issue NCR in case of deviation from applicable specifications or approved technical documents,
- Verify works’ progress against schedule and report any slippage,
- Provide assistance to commissioning team.
- Provide daily activity report and progress follow-up to Site Superintendent, QC Leader and Project Engineer,
- Follow up of the work permits (PTW) from preparation, signature and up to closure, handling their technical aspects and liaising with HSE supervisor regarding their safety aspects,
- Verify suitability of scaffolds to be used by contractors and report any anomaly or inadequacy,
- Verify proper implementation by contractors of the approved work procedures and report any deviation,
- Verify proper implementation by contractors of the approved Quality Control Plan (ITP) and report any deviation,
- Verify proper maintenance by contractors of material, welding and NDT traceability and report any deviation,
- Carry out any other task that may be assigned to him.
- WORKSITE Locations and Port Harcourt Office as may be required.
- When assigned to site: 28/28 days rotational basis, 12 hours a day (day or night shift), 7 days a week
- When assigned to Port Harcourt base: permanent basis, 8 hours a day, 5 days a week
- Engineering background with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in construction of Oil & Gas installations.
- For piping/structure supervisor: Engineering degree or diploma and AWS-CWI or IWI-S/C or IWT or CSWIP3.2 minimum qualification in welding inspection and ISO 9712 or ASNT level 2 minimum qualification in RT films interpretation
- Good English
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with ability to adapt and to discuss with contractors
- SAS HUET (or BOSIET) and CA-EBS
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline: 19th January, 2017
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.