British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global
organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic
future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and
exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets
by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility
expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we
are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
We arw recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Local Leaf Supply Planner
Job number: 16300BR
Appointment type: Permanent
Job Purpose and Key Deliverables
- To ensure availability of Leaf and Local wrapping materials
required to meet approved stock durations and production for BAT WAA
- Ensure that requisitions are processed for OTIF procurement of Leaf and WMS.
- Effectively implement the SLA with GLP (Global Leaf Pool)
thereby ensuring that approved stock durations are maintained at all
- Effectively manage total pipeline inventory to keep the cash flow within budget.
- Provide up to date management information on trends and events to enhance rapid decision making within planning function.
- To ensure that new products or material changes are effected
with minimal Leaf & Local wrapping materials write off and delivered
- Plan effectively for new materials and provide clear visibility of progress and deviations to management.
- Develop adequate tracking for leaf from ordering to delivery in
the warehouses. Maintain adequate relationship with Suppliers (GLP) and
- Provide up to date management information on trends and events to enhance rapid decision making within leaf function.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
The jobholder should be a graduate in Science related courses and at
least 4yrs experience gained in a supply chain planning manufacturing
environment (Preferably FMCG Company):
- Essential knowledge of planning
- Working SAP System Knowledge – MM, PP & SD Modules
- Working understanding of MRP/ERP principle.
- Flexibility and adaptability to change.
- Ability to make informed decisions with best information available.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to be able to identify and solve problems.
- In depth understanding of inventory management principles and how other functions are related to it
- Understanding of Factory constraints and complexities.
- Product Knowledge and New product introduction impact on materials planning
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Good presentation skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 19th May, 2017.