The Alliance for International Medical Action
(ALIMA) is an independent medical aid organization based in Dakar,
Senegal. ALIMA has three principal areas of expertise: providing
medical care in humanitarian crises, supporting the development of
national medical organizations, and conducting
operational research to
bring medical innovation to the field.
ALIMA Nigeria is seeking to recruit dynamic and suitably qualified and
experienced Nigerians for ALIMA’s ECHO Funded Inpatient Therapeutic
Feeding Centre (ITFC). The Center will be located at the University of
Maiduguri Teaching Hospital, Maiduguri, Borno State of Nigeria, in
the capacity below:
Job Title: Deputy Logistic Manager
- Activity manager : Supporting the Logistics Coordinator through
delegated tasks and responsibilities, replacing him/her in his/her
absence and participating and collaborating in the implementation of
strategies and support to the field in accordance with ALIMA protocols,
standards and procedures in order to enable the development of the
mission and optimize the impact of the medical projects
Experience and Skills
- Essential, working experience of at least two years in relevant
jobs and previous humanitarian experience in ALIMA or other NGOs in
developing countries, managing large teams. Desirable previous
experience in emergencies
- You have good computing skills and a good knowledge of medical ONG
- You have a good written and spoken communication
- You have qualities of diplomacy, flexibility, organization and reactivity
- You are able to work under pressure, live in tense security context and do not have problems to travel frequently
- You have experience in security management
- You have a demonstrated experience in team management
- Fluent English essential / French, Hausa and Kanuri are desirable
- Contract term: contract under French law, 6 months’ renewable.
- Position to be filled: As soon as possible
- Salary: depending on experience + per diem
ALIMA pays for:
- Travel costs between the expatriate’s country of origin and the mission location
- Accommodation costs
- Medical cover from the first day of the contract to a month
after the date of departure from the mission country for the employee
- Evacuation of the employee
- We do not require a motivation letter, BUT we do require you to
answer the 3 following questions and send your answers in English:
- What do you know about Alima and why do you want to be part of it ?
- Why do you think you’ll be a good deputy of a Logistics Coordinator in a case of an Emergency Response?
- In your opinion, what are the main specificities about safety and security in the context you’ll be working with?
- This is for us a way to understand better your motivations in a way that matches our selection criteria.
- Any application sent without fulfilling these rules will not be considered.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position applied for as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 30th June, 2017.