17 May 2017
Current Jobs at the Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) for Deputy Logistic Managers
by Staff at 5/17/2017 06:40:00 pm Tags: Alliance for International Medical Action , Borno State , Logistics Jobs
operational research to bring medical innovation to the field.
ALIMA Nigeria is seeking to recruit dynamic and suitably qualified and experienced Nigerians for ALIMA’s ECHO Funded Inpatient Therapeutic Feeding Centre (ITFC). The Center will be located at the University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital, Maiduguri, Borno State of Nigeria, in the capacity below:
Job Title: Deputy Logistic Manager
- Activity manager : Supporting the Logistics Coordinator through delegated tasks and responsibilities, replacing him/her in his/her absence and participating and collaborating in the implementation of strategies and support to the field in accordance with ALIMA protocols, standards and procedures in order to enable the development of the mission and optimize the impact of the medical projects
- Essential, working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs and previous humanitarian experience in ALIMA or other NGOs in developing countries, managing large teams. Desirable previous experience in emergencies
- You have good computing skills and a good knowledge of medical ONG
- You have a good written and spoken communication
- You have qualities of diplomacy, flexibility, organization and reactivity
- You are able to work under pressure, live in tense security context and do not have problems to travel frequently
- You have experience in security management
- You have a demonstrated experience in team management
- Fluent English essential / French, Hausa and Kanuri are desirable
- Contract term: contract under French law, 6 months’ renewable.
- Position to be filled: As soon as possible
- Salary: depending on experience + per diem
- Travel costs between the expatriate’s country of origin and the mission location
- Accommodation costs
- Medical cover from the first day of the contract to a month after the date of departure from the mission country for the employee
- Evacuation of the employee
- We do not require a motivation letter, BUT we do require you to
answer the 3 following questions and send your answers in English:
- What do you know about Alima and why do you want to be part of it ?
- Why do you think you'll be a good deputy of a Logistics Coordinator in a case of an Emergency Response?
- In your opinion, what are the main specificities about safety and security in the context you’ll be working with?
- This is for us a way to understand better your motivations in a way that matches our selection criteria.
- Any application sent without fulfilling these rules will not be considered.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV's to: email@example.com using the position applied for as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 30th June, 2017.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.