Monsanto is an agriculture company with more than
20,000 employees focused on making a balanced meal accessible to
everyone. We work to help farmers produce food in a more sustainable
way. We think about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools
they need to have better harvests.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Field and Plant Operations Manager
Req ID: 01IE8
- This position will manage and ensure a sustainable and cost
effective supply of high quality Corn seed in Nigeria, by delivering
excellence in terms of the required volume of the right products at the
- Provides leadership and direction to production operations.
- Liaise with third parties and Licensees to ensure excellence in production stewardship.
- Promote an actively caring culture for safety amongst all
personnel, growers, and contractors. Also ensure legal and corporate
Safety compliance for all field and tolling operations in Nigeria.
- Establish annual goals specific to seed production and processing of seed.
- Act as a champion on Human Rights initiatives in Nigeria.
- Collaborate and provide guidance to growers, contractors, and licensees on the production and processing of seed.
- Responsible for the annual field operations budget in the
country. This includes ownership of improvement and cost saving
projects for the region.
- Build a reliable grower base in the best production areas to
ensure a consistent supply of high quality and reliable quantity seed.
- Support the Foundation seed production plan with grower recruitment, field follow up, processing, inventory control and storage.
- Frequent liaison with seed inspection authorities within Nigeria to ensure effective field inspections and seed certification.
- Maintain seed quality through quality control during seed harvesting, processing, bagging and storage.
- Negotiate and establish production contracts and processing agreements.
- Work closely with the Africa planning group in establishing the
annual crop plan and manage the consequent field and plant operations to
ensure delivery against this plan.
- Maintain close cooperation with other functional and business areas in Nigeria.
- Liaise frequently with other supply chain functions and business
units to ensure the reliable supply and delivery of seed in Nigeria.
- Minimum a bachelor degree in agronomy or similar area of expertise
- Hands on experience and technical proficiency in field
production and technical proficiency in seed processing activities – 5
years prior experience.
Fluent in English:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Results focused with ability to use own initiative
- Strong teamwork (flexibility to work across functional areas)
- Project management skills
- Leadership skills
- Strong organizational and planning ability (Setting appropriate milestones and demonstrating forward progress)
- Establish clear direction and making decisions in a timely manner
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply