18 May 2017
Heartland Alliance International Nigeria Job for Capacity Advisor/State Program Manager
by Staff at 5/18/2017 11:30:00 am Tags: Heartland Alliance International Nigeria , Nasarawa State , OND/HND/BSC Jobs
justice - and leads state and national policy efforts, which target lasting change for individuals and society.
We are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Capacity Advisor/State Program Manager (SPM)
Overall Job Function
- The incumbent is part of the management team in a decentralized management structure and forms part of the strategic team that directs the operations of the organization
- S/he will serve as State Program Manager (SPM) providing support and coordination of the work of the field offices
- The successful candidate will lead program planning, design, review and the monitoring of the program implemented at the field level
- Additionally, the incumbent is responsible for ensuring the timely delivery of quality technical outputs, management of sub contracts, ensuring strong relationships with partners and other key stakeholder
- The Capacity Advisor/State Program Manager (5PM) serves as the focal point for the capacity building of local partners and organizational development.
- Providing support to the HAl and local partners staff through trainings, program coordination and management and effective communication in a right based environment. Nascent (greenhouse) organizations may be co-located with HAl programming.
- This position is responsible for the performance of the technical program in accordance with donor requirements, policies, procedures and guidelines
- The incumbent directs and supervises all program resources for the performance of project assignments and activities
- The position also manages and provides overall guidance to the state team on HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment programs as well as provide day to day oversight to the finance, admin and logistics team in state.
- First Degree in Medical Science, Management, Social Science or related field; Advanced Degree in Public Health or Social Science preferred.
- At least four years experience working with a NGO, must include Project Implementation; Supervisory and Capacity building experience in public health or social science program management
- Experience working with in collaboration with local partners, NGOs and CBOs
- Knowledge of Local Language preferred.
- Cultural Sensitivity - Respects cultural environment in which person is working and does not act in a manner that is outwardly offensive to the local community.
- Candidates must meet the minimum requirements listed and should be committed to the promotion of human rights, regardless of age, ethnicity, class or gender.
- Experience in capacity building, HIV/AIDS Advocacy, prevention, treatment and care, STI management and or care
- Strong Management Skills
- Candidates must be willing to work with diverse population in a supportive and accepting manner.
- Note your full name, the position and Location for which you are applying in the email subject line.
- Do not contact the listed email address with other enquiries
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Females are strongly encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a one-page cover letter, CV (not exceeding 3 pages) with 3 professional references (name, company, email and phone number) to: Ng-Recruitment@heartlandalliance.org
Application Deadline: 31st May, 2017.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.