Heartland Alliance International – Nigeria, one of the world’s leading
anti-poverty organizations, works in communities in the U.S. and abroad
to serve those who are homeless, living in poverty, or seeking safety.
It provides a comprehensive array of services in the areas of health,
housing, jobs and
justice – and leads state and national policy efforts,
which target lasting change for individuals and society.
We are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Capacity Advisor/State Program Manager (SPM)
Overall Job Function
- The incumbent is part of the management team in a decentralized
management structure and forms part of the strategic team that directs
the operations of the organization
- S/he will serve as State Program Manager (SPM) providing support and coordination of the work of the field offices
- The successful candidate will lead program planning, design,
review and the monitoring of the program implemented at the field level
- Additionally, the incumbent is responsible for ensuring the
timely delivery of quality technical outputs, management of sub
contracts, ensuring strong relationships with partners and other key
- The Capacity Advisor/State Program Manager (5PM) serves as the
focal point for the capacity building of local partners and
- Providing support to the HAl and local partners staff through
trainings, program coordination and management and effective
communication in a right based environment. Nascent (greenhouse)
organizations may be co-located with HAl programming.
- This position is responsible for the performance of the
technical program in accordance with donor requirements, policies,
procedures and guidelines
- The incumbent directs and supervises all program resources for the performance of project assignments and activities
- The position also manages and provides overall guidance to the
state team on HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment programs as well
as provide day to day oversight to the finance, admin and logistics team
- First Degree in Medical Science, Management, Social Science or
related field; Advanced Degree in Public Health or Social Science
- At least four years experience working with a NGO, must include
Project Implementation; Supervisory and Capacity building experience in
public health or social science program management
- Experience working with in collaboration with local partners, NGOs and CBOs
- Knowledge of Local Language preferred.
- Cultural Sensitivity – Respects cultural environment in which
person is working and does not act in a manner that is outwardly
offensive to the local community.
- Candidates must meet the minimum requirements listed and should
be committed to the promotion of human rights, regardless of age,
ethnicity, class or gender.
- Experience in capacity building, HIV/AIDS Advocacy, prevention, treatment and care, STI management and or care
- Strong Management Skills
- Candidates must be willing to work with diverse population in a supportive and accepting manner.
- Note your full name, the position and Location for which you are applying in the email subject line.
- Do not contact the listed email address with other enquiries
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Females are strongly encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a one-page cover
letter, CV (not exceeding 3 pages) with 3 professional references (name,
company, email and phone number) to: Ng-Recruitment@heartlandalliance.org
Application Deadline: 31st May, 2017.