Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by
combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable
communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation,
health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Behavior Change and Training Deputy Program Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Following the direction of the Multi Sectorial Program Manager,
the Behaviour Change and Training Deputy Program Manager (DPM) is
responsible for running and supervising Behaviour Change and Training
activities at all stages of the project management cycle.
- The DPM ensures that the team involve in Behaviour Change
communication and Training completes the defined activities while
adhering to internal standards and contractual obligations.
- The Behaviour Change and Training DPM also has responsibilities
regarding staff capacity building; humanitarian needs identification
through needs assessments, monitoring of the evolving situation; context
analysis to contribute to the development of future programs and
- He/she is also responsible for accomplishing the program
objectives and outcomes within the contextual constraints in
coordination and synergy with other DPMs.
- Apply the common Behavior Change communication strategy,
guidelines and tools used by government of Nigeria for training,
implementation and in support of M&E.
- Contribute to the definition and implementation of AAH policies, positioning and strategies in the mission.
- Implement in the framework of projects, the mission’s Behavior
Change communication and Training strategy taking into account the key
internal and external documents: AAH charter, 2015 international
strategic framework, policies (AAH HSS Guide, National SBCC Strategy and
IYCF guidelines, MHCP, etc.), positioning papers (IYCF, BMS, etc.),
national strategies and other specific protocols and policies
established and approved by the Government of Nigeria (GoN).
- Lead project implementation, monitoring and reporting for SBCC and Training.
- Provide support to local AAH representation and coordination with other stakeholders within the intervention area.
- Contribute to the definition of external evaluations
(opportunities, ToR,), supports external evaluators (during their
mission), and implements recommendations coming out from external
- Contribute pro-actively to HR management (including staff career plan development).
- Participate actively in the recruitment and the training of
staff, in cooperation with the Multi sectorial, Regional NUT Coordinator
and HR administrator.
- Contribute to the identification, definition, and formulation of
Social Behavior Change and Training need and/or components of projects
led by other sectors.
- Play active role in writing of Social Behavior Change and
Training related parts of the proposals (proposal narrative, budget and
LFA) as requested.
- Contribute to the missions’ capitalization and to AAH communication.
- Track the implementation of project activities using ACF tools –
Activity Progress Report (APR), Budget follow-up and Training Reports.
- Degree in Social science or Psychology. Qualifications/Training specific to Nutrition, Health or WASH will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Fluent in English and Hausa. Working knowledge of Kanuri will be an added advantage.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information.
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible, culturally sensitive.
- Human resource management experience, leadership and motivation/training skills.
- Excellent organization, attention to detail, and time management.
- Must be disciplined and able to work autonomously.
- Strong capacity to represent ACF and sustain relations with state and local stakeholders.
- Interpersonal skills (team management, communication, reporting, autonomy, pedagogy, planning and organizational skills.
- Experience in working with Health, CMAM, WASH and IYCF programming.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience in the International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO) and Humanitarian context.
- Experience with Social Behaviour Change Programming.
- Previous supervisory experience in NGO settings.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and oral presentation skills.
- Deep understanding of principles guiding SBCC and adult training strategies.
- Also note that applications will be processed on FIRST COME
FIRST SERVED basis and any application received without these
specifications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
- Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications (including a CV and letter of interest) to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the full position title and location in the email subject line.
Application Deadline: 2nd June, 2017.