International Medical Corps (IMC) is a global, humanitarian, non-profit
organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through
health care training, relief and development programs. Established in
1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a
voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization. Its
mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions
and related activities that build local capacity in underserved
communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local
populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with
the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations.
International Medical Corps has been operating in Nigeria since November
2013. It currently has its country office in Abuja and field offices in
Kano, Sokoto and Maiduguri where it is implementing emergency Water,
Sanitation, Hygiene (WASH) and Protection programs, and also building
capacity of local health systems and structures, ensuring the provision
of quality, accessible Nutrition and Health Care. Currently IMC Nigeria
has 7 field offices with more than 200 staff with a possibility of
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Human Resource and Administrative Manager
- The Human Resource and Administration Manager is the strategic
HR business partner for the Senior Management Team and reports directly
to Finance and Administration Director.
- The HR & Admin Manager’s job is to implement HR programs and
policies, and to manage every aspect of employee development and
- The main responsibility of this position is to manage recruiting
and staffing, performance management, training benefits and
compensation administration, organizational development, employee
counseling services, administration support to the program.
- Developing an employee-oriented organization culture that
emphasizes continuous improvement, team- work, high performance and
- Developing and monitoring the HR strategy for the country, while ensuring its alignment to the country’s strategy.
- Ensuring organization conformity with applicable HR practice
related to regulations and statutes as well as organizational procedures
- Ensuring compliance with Nigerian laws as well as with all IMC
compliance and due diligence requirements in the field of Human
Resources and Administration
- Implementing HR programs and policies as needed by the organization.
- Identifying, evaluating, and resolving human relations, employee
morale, work performance, and organizational productivity concerns.
- Developing staffing strategies and implementing HR, Admin and IT
programs and plans. Identifying and cultivating effective and
appropriate sources for employees for all levels, including forward
planning for staff development and succession planning.
- Creating employee training and organizational development programs.
- Coordinating performance reviews and management with managers
and monitoring employee attitudes, productivity, and performance
- Managing the human resource information management system and
payroll system and providing staff and managers with the essential
reports to support decision making and management.
- Managing employee development and retention.
- Developing compensation plans and providing administration support on employee welfare.
- Insuring that every aspect of human resource management incorporates the vision, values, and culture of the organization.
- Managing the risk management work functions and assisting in developing a healthy and safety programs for staff.
- Ensuring smooth onboarding and separation for every employee,
including ensuring that job descriptions for every position is
up-to-date and accurate, ID Cards, performance evaluations and other
required processes are implemented on time and to high quality.
- Directly supervise Senior HR & Admin Officers, HR and Admin Officers and HR and Admin Assistants
- Contributing to the creation of a positive work environment with
a positive image and overall credibility of the organization notably
through the code of conduct, ethics, values and stand-point with regards
to internal and external actors.
- Participating as a senior management team member in country management meetings.
- Ensuring that administrative procedures are continually updated and implemented to high quality
- Maintain expatriate legal status for expatriates visiting Nigeria – work permits, visas and passes
- Facilitation of international staff movement – travel and accommodation.
- Ability to develop HR programs and policies based on business new requirements.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to mentor and supervise staff.
- Ability to negotiate contracts.
- Excellent communicator with ability to speak, write and read the English language.
- Proactive in championing HR matters
- Experience in managing a workforce of over 200 staff.
- Solid problem-solving, decision making and business acumen skills.
- Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with people in course of work.
- Willingness to work additional hours in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or other
relevant degree from an accredited university and with at least 5 years’
experience in similar roles, preferably with a non-government
- Affiliation to a HR professional body and a professional HR qualification is highly desirable.
Ethical Conduct for IMC Staff:
- International Medical Corps maintains a code of standards of
conduct that shall govern the performances of its employees engaged in
the award and administration of contracts. No employee, officer, or
agent shall participate in the selection, award, or administration of a
contract supported /by donor funds if a real or apparent conflict of
interest would be involved. Such a conflict would arise when the
employee, officer, or agent, any member of his or her immediate family,
his or her partner, or an organization which employs or is about to
employ any of the parties indicated above, has a financial or other
interest in the firm selected for an award. IMC officers, employees, or
agents shall neither solicit nor accept gratuities, favors, or anything
of monetary value from contractors, or parties to sub-agreements.
- These standards shall provide for disciplinary actions to be
applied for violations of such standards by IMC officers, employees, or
- Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and
Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst
beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics
throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position,
maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and
donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards.
- Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates
these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to
- Other duties as assigned.
- The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the
nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive
- Candidates MUST state the position and location they are
applying for as the subject of their email, otherwise applications will
not be considered.
- Application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document.
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Position advertised is a National position.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and
CV’s addressed to the “Human Resource Manager”, International
Medical Corps via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 24th May, 2017