Job Title: Accountant
- The Accountant shall manage all aspects of Finance, viz;
Operational/commercial Finance, Finance Control, Statutory obligations –
Tax, Pension etc.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
- Prepare forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel, and direct their work activities
- Provide internal and external auditing services for businesses and individuals
- Advise clients in areas such as compensation, employee health
care benefits, the design of accounting and data processing systems, and
long-range tax and estate plans
- Investigate bankruptcies and other complex financial transactions and prepare reports summarizing the findings.
- Represent clients before taxing authorities and provide support during litigation involving financial issues.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial
commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or
to provide advice.
- Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
- Establish tables of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Appraise, evaluate, and inventory real property and equipment,
recording information such as the property’s description, value, and
- Maintain and examine the records of government agencies.
- Serve as bankruptcy trustees and business valuators.
- Applicant should possess B.Sc or HND in Accounting with at least a Second Lower Class Degree (2:2) or Lower Credit respectively.
- Applicant must be computer savvy and highly proficient with the Office suite.
- Applicant must know how to use Accounting Packages. Preference will be given to applicant who is conversant with “TALLY 9” .
- Applicant should have 3-5 years experience in an accounting related role.
- Applicant can Male or Female.
- Applicant must be self driven with a proactive attitude to work.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: 26th May, 2017.