16 May 2017
Latest Jobs at Education Development Center for Community Mobilization Officers
people are empowered to live healthy, productive lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Community Mobilization Officer
- The Sokoto Community Mobilization Officer will be responsible for implementing activities to increase community awareness and support of schooling in targeted non-formal education and alternative education learning center communities in Sokoto.
- This includes implementing a small grants program to enable CSOs to establish community coalitions and learning
- centers, building the capacity of CSOs and executing awareness campaigns to strengthen the community’s demand for education. This position is based in Sokoto, Nigeria, and will report to the State Team Leader.
- Establishes new community coalitions or local education support groups and committees
- Supports the application of training materials to strengthen CSO organizational management, HR and financial systems and provide technical support in community mobilization.
- Engages and serves as program focal point with CSOs and supported communities in Sokoto.
- Coordinates donor, stakeholder, and field staff visits to CSOs and communities in Sokoto.
- Provides partner CSOs with day-to-day mentoring on project design, implementation, and monitoring
- Candidates for this position must have at least 5 years of experience in programs in community mobilization and outreach.
- In addition, prior experience with international organizations’ community grants mechanisms, demonstrating in-depth understanding of the role of civil society in development and experience in developing and implementing capacity building plans in culturally, politically, and security sensitive environments.
- Candidates must be professionally proficient and fluent in written and spoken English and Hausa.
- Candidates must demonstrate
- rior experience managing community engagement campaigns, preferably in the education sector.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive resume with a brief cover letter as ONE MS document or PDF to: email@example.com If you wish to be considered for a post, please specify the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
Application Deadline: Tuesday, 30th May, 2017.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.