EDC is one of the world’s leading nonprofit research and development
firms. EDC designs, implements and evaluates programs to improve
education, health, and economic opportunity worldwide. Collaborating
with both public and private partners, we strive for a world where all
people are empowered to live healthy, productive lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Community Mobilization Officer
- The Sokoto Community Mobilization Officer will be responsible
for implementing activities to increase community awareness and support
of schooling in targeted non-formal education and alternative education
learning center communities in Sokoto.
- This includes implementing a small grants program to enable CSOs to establish community coalitions and learning
- centers, building the capacity of CSOs and executing awareness
campaigns to strengthen the community’s demand for education. This
position is based in Sokoto, Nigeria, and will report to the State Team
- Establishes new community coalitions or local education support groups and committees
- Supports the application of training materials to strengthen CSO
organizational management, HR and financial systems and provide
technical support in community mobilization.
- Engages and serves as program focal point with CSOs and supported communities in Sokoto.
- Coordinates donor, stakeholder, and field staff visits to CSOs and communities in Sokoto.
- Provides partner CSOs with day-to-day mentoring on project design, implementation, and monitoring
Key Experience & Qualifications
- Candidates for this position must have at least 5 years of experience in programs in community mobilization and outreach.
- In addition, prior experience with international organizations’
community grants mechanisms, demonstrating in-depth understanding of the
role of civil society in development and experience in developing and
implementing capacity building plans in culturally, politically, and
security sensitive environments.
- Candidates must be professionally proficient and fluent in written and spoken English and Hausa.
- Candidates must demonstrate
- rior experience managing community engagement campaigns, preferably in the education sector.
Note: There is no relocation allowance available for this position.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive
resume with a brief cover letter as ONE MS document or PDF to: firstname.lastname@example.org If you wish to be considered for a post, please specify the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
Application Deadline: Tuesday, 30th May, 2017.