The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial,
neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian
mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict
and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), BIU office is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Officer
Location: Biu, Borno
- Responsible for the supply chain administration and purchasing
for the different departments of the BIU Office, including Damboa
- Establishes and maintains the documentation process for tracking and monitoring for each RO
- Supports the Logistician with purchasing related activities when needed
- Receives fuel from suppliers, maintain the fuel tank logbooks
- Liaises with transportation and warehousing functions of the
Logistics department to ensure smooth functioning of the supply chain
- Administers the entire procurement process from the start of a request until delivery to the client
- Deals with inquiries regarding Requisition Orders (RO) status and provides feed back to the requesting departments
- Investigates, monitors and make recommendations in case of delayed supply chain processes
- High School Level or Business and Administration education
- 1 year work experience in a similar field
- Good capacity for negotiation and communication
- Good knowledge of the local market
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Driving license
- Excellent command of computers, including WORD and EXCEL program
- Rigorous, methodical and accurate
- High organizational skills
- Honesty & integrity
- Able to cope with stressful situations
- Affinity to coach colleagues in Logistics procedures
- Resistance to stress, to work under pressure
- Ability and willingness to learn
Job Title: Water and Habitat Purchaser
- Responsible for the procurement of all requested Water &
Habitat (WatHab) goods and Services for the ICRC Sub Delegation in Yola
as well as for the ICRC Office in BIU and Mubi securing the best
correlation of quality, price and delivery time
- Undertakes any needed regularisation/correction in Procurement files.
- Ensures that the Request for Quotation (RFQ) and Request for
Tender (RFT) contain all relevant information to enable transparent
selection of the best price, terms and conditions.
- Receives WatHab RFT, Selection Table, Purchase Order/contracts
from the field and verifies/screen them thoroughly before submitting to
the Logistics Delegate for further treatment
- Updates and maintains knowledge about main suppliers; checks the market for potential new suppliers together with WatHab
- Liaises with Dispatch and Transport to decide on transport mode and prioritize dispatch of cargo as well as with WatHab
- Liaises with WatHab for the purchasing forecast
- Bachelor Degree, Associate Degree or equivalent higher education
degree in Administration, Logistics, Purchasing, Engineering or similar
- Additional vocational training in administration, logistics or purchasing.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in logistics, purchasing,
administration or similar position in commercial/Engineering or
- Advanced conversational and written English and Hausa.
- PC literate: Microsoft office.
- Skilled in the following competencies: Adapting & Learning, Responsibility & Autonomy
- Honest & Trustworthy.
- Negotiation, Communication (Ability to express views and ideas)
- Good knowledge of the local market.
- Capacity to integrate the ICRC logistic procedures.
- Flexibility and team playing within and out with the logistics department.
Job Title: Water and Habitat Engineer
- Develops project documents (drawings, bills of quantities, contracts, etc.) for engineering projects using approved formats.
- Monitors project implementation for compliance with project
documents, ICRC standards, and local building code/standards and ensures
corrective action is taken if necessary.
- Carries out and analyses needs assessments and surveys and shares analyses with WatHab supervisors
- Provides feedback to supervisors on stakeholder issues, security and site progress
- Evaluates project implementation and analyses data within the framework of results-based management.
- Prepares reports on project implementation/site progress,
according to the frequency set by the hierarchy and or/consolidates site
reports of staff under his/her responsibility.
- Develops the necessary networking with relevant stakeholders and
monitors security issues related to project sites and advises
supervisors where necessary
- Bachelor Degree, some college coursework completed, an Associate
Degree or equivalent higher education degree in Water Supply,
Sanitation, Construction, Engineering or any related technical field
- Additional vocational training in water supply, sanitation, construction, engineering or any related technical field
- 4-6 years of experience in water supply, sanitation, construction, engineering or similar technical position
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Familiarity with the standard norms and rules in construction, local techniques and requirements for construction
- Driving licence, succeeded in ICRC driving test
- Experience in assessing, surveying, calculating and preparing estimates and technical drawings of buildings
- Very good analytical skills
- Expert level in computer skills
- Familiar with Middle Belt states and the trend of communal violence in the area
- Computer skill the Auto-Cad and Epanet software
- Communicative and clear
- Responsible and reliable
- Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
How to Apply
interested and qualified candidates should send their application
letter, Curriculum Vitae and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org Please clearly indicate the Job Position you are applying for and the location for example “Supply Chain Officer BIU” as the subject of your application
Application Deadline: 26th May, 2017.