Meadow Hall Foundation was incorporated as the
non-profit arm of the Meadow Hall Group to support communities, public
schools, pupils and teachers through various charitable initiatives and
programmes. The vision of the Foundation is to touch the heart of the
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fundraising & Publicity Officer
- The Fundraising and Publicity Officer is responsible for
developing funding proposals, coming up with creative initiatives that
will ensure a sustainable funding stream for Meadow Hall Foundation.
- This position reports to the Head of MeadowHall Foundation.
Core responsibilities include:
- Develop a fresh fundraising portfolio with a mix of donors:
individual, corporate and in-kind support systems for programmes and
administrative running expenses.
- Regular communication with sponsors, partners and volunteers.
- Manage the Foundation’s website and various social media accounts.
- Work with other staff to plan and implement programs that would
create opportunities for the populations (including underprivileged
students and their teachers) served by the Foundation.
- Work with the Head of Meadow Hall Foundation and MHF’s Board to
develop, implement and evaluate fundraising plans and strategies.
- Initiate partnerships with other NGOs, corporate bodies and
government agencies and develop proposals for funding to prospective
- Responsible for initiating and implementing non-traditional
funding methods like social enterprises (businesses) to ensure a
sustainable revenue generation drive.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of program areas, including current
issues and key resource people and organizations, and a clear
understanding of how they fit into the Foundation’s interests.
- Stay informed about
- Responsible for the writing of monthly/quarterly newsletters (electronic and print) and brochures.
- , and follow up as necessary on, grant-related issues throughout the grants’ duration.
- Represent the Foundation professionally by making presentations, responding to inquiries and attending meetings and conferences.
- Develop position papers as assigned on new subject areas for creative and active involvement of the organization.
Qualification & Skills Required
- A university degree in an appropriate discipline, such as Business Management, Marketing, etc.
- A minimum of three years relevant work experience
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Outstanding writing skills
- Experience in grant writing/fundraising, strategy, and program development;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Prepare a one-page statement in English that describes your
suitability, skills and experience with reference to the five selection
criteria listed below. Use practical examples, referring to your
professional or academic experience, to describe how you satisfy each of
the selection criteria. Please use the five selection criteria as
- Experience in fundraising and publicity;
- Planning, organising and team skills;
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills and confidence in cultivating and soliciting high-level funder relationships;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize
workload in a timely manner to complete assignments when faced with many
deadlines and competing requirements;
- Research, investigative and analytical skills;
- Communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Understanding of Meadow Hall Foundation’s goals and programmes.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 20th May, 2017.