MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in
Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle
East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our
compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who
we carefully nurture by continuously improving our
offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Services Support Engineer
- To manage the implementation and support of MTNN network
integration of Customer Edge/Core devices in the ADSL, WiFi, WiMAX,
GPRS and Enterprise Data Network.
- Extract value from what we already have by focusing on
optimizing processes within the Unit/Department in line with the value
creation philosophy. This includes individual contributions and
recommendations to improve existing business project/initiative.
- Drive Innovation by identifying and taking advantage of new
business opportunities, e.g., by stimulating and encouraging new
business opportunities, launch of products, product/process innovation,
business model innovation etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by partnering
with MTNN’s Partners to improve their processes which in turn will
improve the efficiency of MTNN’s operations.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national macro
environment by participating in CSR projects and/or NGO’s, involvement
in recognized professional institutions, participating in think-tank
- Analyze and provide information on bandwidth usage, user
application/experience and critical upgrades on the Mobile/Fixed Data
- Monitor adherence to processes and procedures to ensure
conformance to best practices, thereby identifying opportunities for
- Coordinate the implementation of Mobile/Fixed Data Network
planning functions to achieve the quality and key performance
indicators (KPIs), as well as marketing and sales targets defined by
- Coordinate vendor-related emergency maintenance on Mobile/Fixed Data Network.
- Oversee constant tracking, monitoring and resolving of faults on the Mobile/Fixed Data Network.
- Oversee proper implementation of change requests and planned work.
- Manage network performance, bandwidth usage and configuration, ensuring conformance with set KPIs.
- Sustain the right organisational culture and behaviors by demonstrating the vital behaviours every time.
- Understand the telecommunication industry local trends and
developments, thereby assessing the impact on MTN’s current and future
- Monitor performance statistics and generate weekly reports,
providing monthly and quarterly progress updates on Mobile/Fixed Data
- Supervise and ensure deliverables of Network Implementation and
Network Operations are met as it relates to Mobile/Fixed Data
- Supervise and work effectively with Vendor and Network Planning
teams to deliver effectively on all internal/external stakeholder
- Coordinate all Mobile/Fixed Data projects with Vendor Teams
- Manage and direct the objectives and work schedules of projects
for the various Planning Units (IP, VAS, Transmission, Core and Fixed)
- Manage Mobile/Fixed Data projects in conformance with business plan and headquarters driven strategy
- Interface with other departments in NWG Planning (IP, VAS,
Transmission, Core and Fixed) and CPG to monitor and supervise every
stage of the Mobile/Fixed Data project implementation
- Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly reports (to the Data Services Manager) on Mobile/Fixed Data projects
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open Plan Office
Experience & Training
- Fluent in English
- Cisco/ Juniper certification desired Training
- Advanced MPBN Training
- Advanced GGSN/SGSN Training
- Advanced UNIX Training
- First degree in Electrical/ Electronics or Computer Engineering
- UNIX Certification
- Mobile/Fixed Data Network Vendor-related Courses (BRAS, SAPC, PCrF, MSP, Radius, AAA)
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 21st May, 2017.