EngenderHealth – Fistula Care Plus is a five-year project funded by the
United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and managed
by EngenderHealth in collaboration with partners. It seeks to increase
access to quality treatment services for obstetric fistula, improve
strengthen the environment to support prevention, treatment
and reintegration services, and to conduct research to improve the
quality of services.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Driver
Project: Fistula Care Plus
- EngenderHealth is currently looking to hire two drivers on a full time basis for its Fistula Care Plot project In Nigeria.
- EngenderHealth Drivers will work with other staff members of
EngenderHealth, to provide support for program implementation that will
entail driving staff members within/around the various parts of Nigeria
and also help in running office errands, as well as support other
Duties and Responsibilities
- Clean and inspect the office vehicles on a daily basis.
- Perform basic routine check (oil, water, battery, tire pressure,
lights etc.) every morning and always with a view to identifying any
faults and reporting same promptly to the Admin and Logistics Officer or
Finance and Administration Officer.
- In liaison with the Admin and Logistics Officer or Finance and
Admin Officer assist the office in logistics/movement of office
- Prepare Monthly Vehicle Reports and submit to direct supervisor.
- Conveying staff and official visitors to all approved journeys/destinations..
- Assist in dispatching of all official mails/packages as determined by the EngenderHealth office.
- Report to the Admin and Logistics officer or me Finance and
Admin Officer when the vehicle is due for refueling; complete the fuel
register for fuel replenishment or take funds to procure fuel and then
thereafter retire the advance.
- Ensure that passengers comply with proper safety routine while in the vehicle.
- Bring to the knowledge of the project management any faults
noticed and repairs to be carried out on the vehicle immediately as it
- Maintain a “Vehicle Movement Register” and a “Log Book” and
ensure that staff or any other official visitor taken on a trip signs
off the logbook at the end of each journey.
- Ensure that the Vehicle is equipped with emergency and FirstAid kits.
- Performing any other duties as may be directed by the Project manager or his designee.
Education, Experience and Certification
- Minimum of SSCE/GCE Certification or its equivalent
- Holder of a valid Drivers License.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills In English language.
- Basic computer literacy is required.
- Ability to effectively work in a team.
- Ability to travel when required.
- Demonstrated experience of the Nigeria road network system within geo-political regions.
- Ability to Interact with all cadre of staff and be a good team player
- Detail oriented, honest and patient
- Pleasant personality and willing to follow and implement instructions
- Ability to organize tasks
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexible and dependable. (i.e ability to respond and react appropriately to unforeseen events)
- Thorough knowledge of Motor Vehicle functionality (i.e perform range of tasks to fulfill their role
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a sealed envelope containing the following to the address below:
- Application letter
- CV & Credentials
- Photocopy of Valid Driver’license
All applications should be sent to:
Engenderhealth Fistula Care Plus Project,
78 Ona Crescent,
Off Lake Chad,