Job Title: Personal Assistant to the MD
Job Ref: PAMD
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
- We need Personal Assistant, preferably female to balance the support team for the office of the Managing Director.
- The Personal Assistant (PA) to the MD will provide high-level, confidential and administrative support to the office of the MD.
- Her duties may be clerical, administrative and project-based and
include scheduling travel, arranging meetings, handling information
requests, preparing reports, taking minutes of meetings held and
liaising with board members and other senior officers of the
- This position is often privy to confidential information and as such, requires diplomacy and discretion.
- She will be in charge of preparing correspondence for the office of the MD.
- The ideal candidate must be exceptionally eloquent with impeccable communication skills.
- In a nut shell the role provides an efficient and responsive
administrative, organizational, and logistical service to the MD,
helping to manage and prioritize time.
Essential responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist MD in conducting regular reviews of tasks and correspondences.
- Filter emails, highlight urgent correspondence and print attachments.
- Coordinate travel and accommodation requirements in connection
with Admin unit and ensure arrangements are in place for the MD to match
- Keep and maintain an accurate record of papers and electronic correspondence on behalf of the office of the MD.
- Ensure busy diary commitments, papers, and travel arrangements
are managed effectively including producing a daily folder with diary,
necessary papers, etc.
- Schedule on behalf of the MD meetings with clients, board members and other senior officers.
- Prepare correspondence on behalf of the MD, including the drafting of general replies.
- Keep and retrieve files for the MD as at when required.
- Demonstrable experience in an Administration/Executive
Assistant/PA role in a highly pressurized environment requiring tact,
judgement and discretion in handling internal and external contacts
- Writing of speeches for invited programmes and project defence etc
- Experience of diary management/researching and booking of travel
and accommodation (essential), with a minimum of 10 years experience.
- Experience of successfully working with senior management (essential); matured, desired age range is between 38 – 43 years old.
- Must be proficient with the keyboard and IT applications (this may be tested during the selection process).
- Expert level in the use of Outlook.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to professionally represent the MD’s office.
- Ability to work under pressure and be flexible as part of a small team.
- Attention to detail and deadlines; Ability to filter information and assess priorities.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships at
all levels, including during difficult or challenging circumstances.
- Intermediate level in the use of Word, Excel and PowerPoint Skills (all essential)
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and organize others.
- Ability to prioritize and manage own workload; ability to think ahead and anticipate needs before they arise.
- Ability to exercise discretion in dealing with confidential or sensitive matters.
Salary is between N2,700, 000 – N3,500,000 gross/annum ( based on experience).
- Wrongly titled applications will be ignored (please be guided).
- Candidates who do not meet the above criteria need not apply.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “PAMD” as subject of mail.
Application Deadline: 30th May, 2017.