16 May 2017
Recent Jobs at TOFA Limited for Country Consultants - Ecommerce Startup
TOFA was created for the purpose of supplying, installing, commissioning and maintaining a wide
range of electrical solutions, from distribution and power transformers, switchgears, surge protectors, to power plants running on Diesel, HFO, Bifuel and gas.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Consultant - Ecommerce Startup
Employment Type: Full-time
- Your main responsibilities will be to develop TOFA in country through strategic and operational actions
- Develop and execute a market entry, strategic sourcing and marketing strategy and plan that delivers transformational value for TOFA in country
- Drive sourcing of high quality supply consultants/agents and suppliers along TOFA’s trade focus from your country and successfully onboard same on to the TOFA platform
- Plan and coordinate the activities of export agents including - international shipments, negotiations, demand generation and sales closure
- P&L ownership - set and achieve stretch profit and revenue growth targets
- Actively manage and achieve operational excellence metrics
- Attract, recruit, retain, manage, coach, mentor and inspire all employees in Country
- Be inclusive and drive a diverse people strategy
- Drive overall top line and profitable growth
- Coordinate and manage team efficiency and cohesion (eventually the country team would comprise of marketing and customer experience, logistics and territory roles)
- Create an unparalleled environment for your team’s development and happiness
- Develop, enhance and strengthen the TOFA brand in Country representing all functions of the company; act as spokesperson for TOFA in Country
- Ensure regular reporting of your actions and results in line with head office requirements
- Drive activity analysis
- Define and drive action plans to create strong relationships with all relevant local stakeholders including but not limited to trade agencies, trade regulators, exporters, export consultants, logistics firms, etc.
- Develop government relationships with the key political leaders to drive a digital agenda for exports in the Country
- Manage company events including stakeholder engagement all over Nigeria
- Deliver measurable results linked to the key responsibilities.
The successful candidate will fulfill the following requirements:
- 5-8 years work experience especially in the export, supply chain and logistics business and/or ecommerce industry in Nigeria.
- Degree holders preferred
- Experience in Account Management, Vendor/Merchant Management, Supply Chain and Logistics, Procurement, Marketing and Customer Experience and Ecommerce will be valuable assets
- Strong entrepreneurial skills
- High level of business acumen:
- Understanding business and key success drivers
- Ability to bridge operational performance and financial results
- Strong knowledge of exports from Nigeria
- Working knowledge of e-commerce industries
- Prior success driving growth at a data-driven, customer-facing organisation
- Strong relationships with a great network of critical stakeholders capable of creating and sustaining opportunities for TOFA in Nigeria
- Clear written and verbal communication skills with impeccable written and spoken English and multiple local language skills (2+ languages preferred).
- Demonstrable negotiation capabilities
- Proven leadership experience managing a large-scale business including a large sense of personal responsibility, a dynamic ability to manage and motivate field-based staff, and the ability to be stern when needed
- Strong familiarity of communities within Nigeria; you have lived or worked in some of such communities for several years and are accustomed to how these communities work
- Strong familiarity of online communities within Nigeria
- A high degree of self-confidence and the ability to work effectively at all levels of an organization - with fellow team members in-country, senior executives from government agencies, the media, suppliers, etc.
- Ability and commitment to develop, maintain and strengthen relationships with clients, within the company and with external stakeholders
- Strong passion and drive
- Detail-oriented with strong organization skills
- Ability to manage multiple work streams simultaneously and work independently
- Collaborative team player
- High comfort level in working across cultural and geographic boundaries and with senior management
- Interaction with Sourcing, Logistics, Marketing, Customer Experience and Technology teams in Nigeria and at the head office
- Ability to identify and develop new business opportunities for TOFA
- Ability to think strategically and analyze TOFA’s competitive position by considering market and industry trends, existing and potential customers
- Proven resilience handing the realities of on-the-ground operational challenges and ability to think strategically, learn fast, adapt swiftly, handle ambiguity and thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure, limited-structure, multicultural environment with multiple demands while ensuring global and country objectives are met
- Ability to prepare and deliver compelling presentations and work on complex analyses
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and quantitative skills, and a commitment to improvement and creative thinking with a capacity to critically assess prior achievements and develop stronger solutions and processes
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Past experience and passion for community development or community organizing
- A desire to grow personally and professionally, including the ability to quickly learn and follow the policies of a multinational organisation
- Available for up to 50% travel - you may be required to spend a significant amount of time away from home to engage with suppliers and other stakeholders within Nigeria.
- Previous experience with exports from Nigeria
- Familiarity with global export and trade issues
- Experience with developing and executing Marketing campaigns
- Project and program management experience
- Events management experience
- Demonstrated success in building and leading high impact teams
- Experience with running or leading national or international online portals
- Experience with the design and management of Customer Experience especially within an ecommerce setting within Nigeria
- High awareness of shipment regulations, documentation and regional trade treaties
- Experience with supply chain and logistics within Nigeria
- Experience with working with regulatory agencies, trade ministries, etc.
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth with the opportunity to become the Country Manager should you meet our performance requirements
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world.
- Please include proof of your capabilities.
- Kindly note that you must be resident in Nigeria as there will be no relocation allowance.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed - by phone, Skype and/or physically.
- Terms and Conditions will be discussed with candidates who are successful after the initial discussion.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV's and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the title, "Nigeria".
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.