16 May 2017
Recruitment at American University of Nigeria (AUN) for Academic Advising Coordinator
world-class career-oriented institution missioned to be an agent of change in the development of the region. AUN has a strong commitment to providing the skills and the leadership essential to solving the continent's critical social and economic problems.
This position is a local position and opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria. We are seeking for suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Academic Advising Coordinator
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Department: Academic Affairs - Provost Office
Summary of Position
The Academic Advising Coordinator will support the Director in the leadership and development of the Advising and Retention unit where s/he shall work closely with the Director in the operation of the office - ensuring the retention and development of an advising model that aids in and supports the academic development and retention of students.
- Minimum Master's degree in Education, Psychology, Higher Education, Counseling, or related field required from a reputable tertiary institution.
- Min. of five years’ work experience - experience in academic advising, retention, counseling, higher education administration or other student support services is an advantage.
- Familiarity and expertise with information technology, including administrative software systems and Microsoft Office; knowledge of databases preferred.
- Ability to work with confidential material with integrity and discretion.
- Ability to thrive in diverse environments and strong cross cultural communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; ability to manage multiple tasks at once, organized and detail oriented.
- Sound understanding of academic advising and student development theory, and success in working collaboratively with faculty, administrators, and students; is a plus
- A clear understanding of professional boundaries and acceptable ethical behavior – including, but not limited to, appropriate relationships with students.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty, administrators and other staff members;
- Ability to make balanced judgments and decisions
- Ability to work well with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, presentation and planning skills
- Attentive listening skills
- Some evening and weekend hours required; vacation time limited during peak times
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resumes, cover letters and references to: email@example.com The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 25th May, 2017.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.