18 May 2017
Recruitment at Jhpiego Nigeria for Graduate Research Assistants
by Staff at 5/18/2017 06:51:00 pm Tags: Bauchi State , Cross Rivers State , Jhpiego , OND/HND/BSC Jobs , Ondo State , Sokoto State
to provide high-quality health care for their people.
Jhpiego is recruiting on behalf of Maternal Child Survival Program (MCSP) to fill the position below:
Job Title: Adolescent Sexual & Reproductive Health (ASRH) Research Assistant
Location: Akure, Sokoto, Cross River, Bauchi
Reporting to: State ASRH Study Coordinators
Number of Slots: 10
Duration of Contract: 30 Consecutive Days (1 month)
- Maternal Child Survival Program (MCSP), a global USAID - funded project with the purpose of Ending Preventable Cause of Death (EPCD), will conduct an Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health (ASRH) study in Ondo Nigeria.
- We will conduct a qualitative, cross - sectional, descriptive study using focus group discussions (FGDs) and in-depth interviews (lDls).
- We are looking for highly motivated, multitasking and experienced individuals to work as Research Assistants (RAs) in Ondo state.
- This is essentially a formative research to understand the sexual and reproductive health (SRH) needs of adolescent mothers in the state and the gaps in the current system.
- Attend 5 days training on ASRH study data collection and use of audio- recorders
- Support the Research study team in orienting and training youth groups and other stakeholders (CHEWs or CHWs in the community on how to recruit volunteers in a non-pressuring or coercive way using the voucher system.
- Participates in recruitment of adolescents through respondent - driven sampling and a voucher system.
- Conduct selection and screening of recruited participants using specified selection criteria and obtaining consent from selected participants
- Obtain and submit initial screening information from participants to the research team
- Create consent logs and group cohort logs; share group cohort logs with providers; update State ASRH Study Coordinator weekly with enrollment numbers
- Track study subjects to participate in group discussions at appropriate times; record if subjects move out of study area and/or are lost to follow up
- Arrange meeting time and place in consultation with health facility managers
- Support Focused group discussion in their respective areas as requested by the research team
- Ensure safe custody of equipment issued for the study
- Keep accurate records of consent forms and other study related documents.
- Advise the research team on any ethical issues that may arise during the period of engagement in the study
- Conduct qualitative data collection (FGDs and lDls) to all consented study subjects at the time of consent
- With the State ASRH Study Coordinator, set targets and work out timesheet of activities conducted.
- Write and submit a weekly report of activities conducted to the State ASRH Study Coordinator
- A Degree in Sociology, Health Sciences Research or Biostatistics, Nursing, Public Health is desirable. Master in Public Health, Biostatistics or Sociology is an added advantage
- Experience in qualitative research methods and publication track record are desirable
- Excellent spoken and written Yoruba are desirable
- Sensitivity to sociocultural and religious differences is expected
- Ability to muititask and meet deadlines at short notice
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are critical
- Good spoken and written English
- Competence with data analysis software including Atlas.ti is desirable
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at: www.jhpiego.org
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- JHU is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter and CV's as One Single word document to: email@example.com the title/subject of your email and application should be the position applied for.
Application Deadline: 1st June, 2017.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.