Job Title: University Librarian
- The position of University Librarian of University of
Agriculture Makurdi will become vacant on the 31st of August, 2017. In
this regard, and in accordance with the Federal Universities of
Agriculture Act. CAP F22 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria (LFN) 2004
and as amended by the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions)
(Amendment) Act. 2012, the University wishes to commence the process for
the appointment of University Librarian.
- The University Librarian shall be responsible to the
Vice-Chancellor for the overall administration of the University
Library, its branches and extension and for providing library services
for the entire University Community.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates must be professionally qualified and practicing Librarians certified by Librarian Registration Council of Nigeria;
- Possess a good honours Degree from a recognized University, plus
a higher Degree in Library Science (preferably Ph.D) with at least 15
(flfteen) years relevant experience, in institutions of higher learning
preferably in a University;
- Have contributed to knowledge through research and publications
in reputable journals, as well as possess proven records of sound
- Be ICT compliant;
- Not be below the rank of Deputy University Librarian;
- Not be more than (60) years of age or 65 years in the case of a Professor on assumption of duty.
- The Tenure of the University Librarian, as a Principal Officer of the University, is five (5) years.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The successful applicant will be placed on CONUASS 7 with
relevant fringe benefits, as approved for Federal Universities in
Nigeria and as may be modified from time to time by competent
Job Title: Vice-Chancellor
Location: Makurdi, Benue
- The candidate must be a distinguished Professor of not less than
7 years in one of the disciplines offered by the University of
Agriculture, Makurdi at the time of this advertisement with an unbroken
Service of Teaching, Research and Community Service in a Tertiary
Institution for a period of at least 15 years.
- The candidate must not be more than 65 years of age by 19th November, 2017;
- The candidate must demonstrate academic excellence in terms of
quality publications, teaching, credible community service and
proficiency in Information and Communication Technology (ICT);
- The candidate should possess considerable administrative
experience within the University system and must show demonstrable
ability to attract funds to the University;
- The candidate must have the highest moral standards, impeccable
character and proven integrity with irrevocable commitment to best
practices in corporate governance, with particular emphasis on
accountability transparency, probity and ensure judicious utilization of
scarce resources for optimum public good;
- The candidate should be above board and will not foster
personal, racial, ethnic, political, religious or other sectional
- The candidate should also be capable of inspiring members of the University Community towards the attainment of its goals.
- The candidate must enjoy very good physical and mental health and be free from any inhibiting health condition.
- The candidate must be of courage and transparent honesty, who
can take decisions on the merit of facts,equity and patriotism and not
on the basis of parochial interests or primordial pressures. The
candidate should also be free from conflict of interests;
Conditions of Service
- The post of Vice-Chancellor of University of Agriculture,
Makurdi,which is for a single 5-year term, has salary and other
conditions of service as applicable in all Federal Universities and as
maybe determined by the Federal Government of Nigeria from time to time.
For University Librarian Position
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty five (25) copies each of their applications and CV’s to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
University of Agriculture,
Benue – Nigeria.
Applications should include the following:
- Full names
- Post sought
- Date and place of birth
- Permanent home and current contact addresses
- Marital status
- Number and ages of children
- Academic/professional qualifications (attach photocopies of all certificates)
- Previous working experience (giving duration, posts held and salary)
- Details of research work and publications (attach evidence where applicable)
- Extra-curriculum activities
- Names and addresses of 3 persons to supply academic and/or professional reference.
- Referees: Referees are advised to send their reports on
candidates under confidential cover, directly to the Registrar and
Secretary to Council.
For Vice-Chancellor Position
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit thirty (30)
copies of their applications with other credential and detailed
Curriculum Vitae indicating:
- Post Applied for
- Full names (surname first)
- Date and Place of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic qualifications and Dates obtained
- Positions held to date
- Membership of Scholarly organizations and Professional bodies;
- Publications and current research interest
- Administrative experience;
- Academic awards, national honours or other distinguished awards received;
- Duly signed letter of consent by candidate applying sequel to interaction with Search Team.
In addition, each application should be accompanied by Certificate of
birth or statutory declaration of age and a certificate of medical
fitness from Government hospital and as well as a two (2) page vision
statement for the University of Agriculture, Makurdi.
Applicants should indicate names and addresses of three (3) referees who
are in a position to attest to their claims to academic excellence and
administrative experience among other desirable attributes.
The applicants should request their referees to forward such
confidential reports directly to the Registrar and Secretary to Council,
University of Agriculture, Makurdi, before the closing date.
Application Deadline: 30th June, 2017.