Citygate Global was founded in June 2007 as a
Microfinance Institution and registered with Corporate Affairs
Commission. The organisation was created with the objective to reduce
Nigerian population living below poverty line by intervening and
enhancing the capacities of the low-end
actively engaged populace
struggling to run a viable businesses to earn a living. The
organisation activities are geared in line with the global
initiative of poverty alleviation and Financial Inclusion to all. We
continually focus on this segment of the Nigerian economy by doing
everything possible to assist them to run a viable businesses and
improve their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Resident Control Officer
Location: Abeokuta, Ogun
- Ensure branch staff complies with Internal Code of Conducts;
Policy/Procedure and Regulations on transactions initiated by the bank.
- Ensure that all expected activities as stipulated in the control checklists are performed by the branch management
- Educate and train staff on compliance issues, and acting as the
- contact point within the branch for compliance queries from staff members
- Create and improve homogenous Compliance Culture in the assigned
branch that aligns with control and business objectives of the Bank
- Build strong KYC and KYCB compliance environment in the assigned
branch i.eensure capturing of all valid KYC documentation into all
customers’ accounts in the Core Banking Applications through the regular
review of Account opening and documentation both on client files and on
- Review credit files after loan approval before loan disbursement: All risks observed must be escalated before disbursement.
- Carry out unannounced field visit to clients’ business locations before or after loan approval as the case may be.
- Ensure integrity of the transactions and GL accounts in the
branch through daily review of the branches GL balance reports.Any major
deviation from the standard must be escalated.
- Institute and enforce aggressive Cost reduction
Strategies/Tactics for the branch under your purview to ensure zero%
- Ensure daily Call Over of all Tills transactions (which include
but not limited to deposit/withdrawal slips, Cheque slips, Internal fund
transfers)within 24 hours of posting and where practicable online same
day and as may be advised to you from time to time
- Daily Review of all System Generated Override Message/Exception
Reports to ensure that appropriate approvals were obtained for it and
that they are valid transactions
- Daily review of ATM Card and Pin Management or any other related
reviews to ensure any irregularities are discovered and escalated
- Ensure prompt resolution of all recommendations in the Internal
Audit Report, Regulatory Examiners Report and other Statutory Examiners
Report involving the branch under your purview.
- Conduct Special Investigation as may be directed by the Risk and Compliance Manager.
- Conduct spot checks, stock taking and other functions as may be assigned from time to time.
- Ensure prompt and qualitative rendition of relevant returns and
reports as may be required by the Risk and Compliance Manager which will
include among others: Critical Control Issues Report, Unusual Incidence
Report, Report on assets ageing in standard approved format etc
- Any other job that may be assigned by the Risk and Compliance Manager.
- 2 years’ experience in Internal audit/Internal control of a reputable Microfinance or commercial bank
- University degree or HND in a related discipline
- Accounting qualification is required
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple assignment simultaneously
- Strong analytical skillsDetail oriented and ability to work and interpret figures and other financial information.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Evidence of professional qualifications will be an added advantage
- A demonstrated knowledge of internal controls
- Ability to address issues and effect change
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to demonstrate a professional and objective perspective at all times
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 22nd May, 2017.