Christian Aid (CA), is a UK-based international NGO, partnering with
others to end poverty in Africa. At the heart of this vision is the
transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty, empowering
them to have a brighter future. Christian Aid works in more than 30
countries and has
been operating in Nigeria since 2003. The Nigeria
Country programme focuses on Community Health and HIV, Accountable
Governance including humanitarian response and Gender.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Agronomist Facilitator
Contract type: Short – term: Training facilitator
Period: 1 day
- Christian Aid (UK) Nigeria country programme in partnership with
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is
implementing a respond to the food and livelihood crisis in the
- CAID Nigeria will be implementing training to seed distribution
committees (SDCs) who will be targeting IDPs, returnees and host
communities through provision of quality agricultural inputs doing the
lean season to avoid losing the fourth consecutive harvest in seven
local government areas of Borno State.
- To train 50 seed distribution committee (SDCs) on agricultural
methods of planting and growing crop as cowpea, millets, sorghum, maize,
okra, amaranthus, sorrels seeds and rossele seeds.
- Prepare facilitating materials to the SDCs for guide in their various communities.
- To train on improving household resilience by restoring and supporting livelihoods, planting and nutrition.
- Using pictorials and practical methods for demonstration to the SDCs on pre and post- harvest handlings.
- Plan a one day training session agenda on practical agricultural practicing planting recovery methods.
- Conduct pre-and post- test to ascertain knowledge gain before and after the training.
- A Degree in Agronomy, Resilience, Agriculture, Crop Production,
Agricultural Extension or equivalent. A master degree is an added
- 5 years and above experience implementing development programming in agronomy/ agricultural production in northern Nigeria.
- Strong experience working on nutrition sensitive and climate smart agriculture.
- Strong background knowledge on farming methods in the northeastern Nigeria.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, Hausa or Kanuri.
- Sound knowledge on soil and topography in the northeastern Nigeria.
- Strong ability to develop agricultural training materials
- A minimum of a 5-year working experience in facilitation of
agricultural training on seed planting, resilience agriculture, crop
production and pre and post-harvest handling techniques.
- Develop slides and hard copy training materials for the training.
- Submit a training report, pre-and post-test scores after the training.
- Develop and share training modules and pictorials before and after training
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents below to: email@example.com with “Training Facilitator” as the title of the mail (in the subject box).
Items include the following:
- Overview of consultant’s academic qualifications and relevant experience to be included in his/her CV.
- The CV should also include the contact details such as physical location, telephone number and email address
- Description of the services/work to be performed
- Proposed methodology and training plan
Application Deadline: 18th May, 2017.