Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc
– Headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution
within the south western zone (Oyo, Ogun, Osun and kwara as well as
some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states).
We are an organization with a focus on delivering excellent service to
the customers and providing customer satisfaction through reliable power
We are recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
Job Title: Customer Relations Officer
- To effectively coordinate the distribution of IBEDC’s customer bills and facilitate revenue collection.
- Meter reading and management of meter reading books
- Handling of service connection like application
- Detecting illegal service connection
- Pursuing the collection of bad debts
- Disconnection/ reconnection
- Explaining estimated billings
- Explaining sensitive issues such as tariff changes
- Reporting faulty/ defective meters
- Legalizing non-registered consumers
- Disseminating load shedding schedules
- Other commercial functions
- Embarks on field trips to read customer meters for capture on
approved billing/reading sheets and liaises with relevant departments to
generate customer bills
- Distributes customer bills within required timeframe – ensures timely and effective distribution of customer bills
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers to ensure high customer satisfaction
- Identifies prospective customers (unregistered customers, new
businesses, etc.) and ensures they are adequately captured in the
- Attends to customer queries/complaints on the field and
escalates to proper channels to ensure such complaints are captured and
- Assist in meeting revenue targets for Business hubs –
participates in revenue collection activities according to company
policies and stipulated regulations to meet set revenue targets
- Escalates revenue leakage issues to the relevant departments when identified e.g. illegal connections, tampering of meters, etc.
- Keeps abreast of market trends and supplies management with
insights on customer needs, problems, interests and innovative ways for
- Get customers both old and new on metering including the CAPMI scheme.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A good Bachelor/OND or equivalent in any field. Social Sciences, Arts, Administration is preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience in a marketing role (esp. field based distribution)
- Understanding of the business of IBEDC and related businesses in the electricity sector
- Strong Customer Relation Management skills
- Knowledge of billing/collection practices, procedures
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite and relevant billing applications utilized by IBEDC
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal, persuasion, negotiation and communications skills
- Good analytical and numerical skills with the proven ability to pay attention to detail.
- Goal Oriented.
Job Title: Performance Analyst
- Identify areas of improvements and concerns in business operational areas and provide appropriate action plans.
- Develop and implement performance metrics to improve business operational efficiency
- Daily collation, analysis and circulation of Collection data
- Update of IBEDC Commercial performance database
- Assist in coordinating quarterly, monthly or weekly performance review meetings
- Liaise with field personnel and other departments for collation of routine and ad-hoc reports.
- Render technical support to branch hub managers and other
commercial personnel to drive business development by communicating key
insights and findings
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Preparation and in-depth analysis of weekly and monthly performance reports for IBEDC and its various regions and hubs
- Stand in for your line supervisor in meetings and other events
- Any other assignment assigned by your line supervisor and the departmental head.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A good Bachelor Degree in Statistics, Electrical Engineering,
Computer Engineering or related field from a recognized institution
- At least 3 – 5 years post NYSC experience in Analytics or performance Metrics.
- A working knowledge of electrical engineering will be an advantage
- Ability to relate with senior level management with ease
- Display strong initiatives and ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and occasional long hours
- Solid and demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite skills especially in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- A sound analytical mind with the ability to grasp the greater picture with ease Sound presentation skill
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills
- Experience in analysing data to draw business-relevant conclusions will be an advantage.
Job Title: Technical Support Officer
- To ensure the smooth running of computer systems, applications and services across the organisation
- Installs and configures computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitors and maintains computer systems and networks
- Follows written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system;
- Supports the roll-out of new applications – tests and evaluates new technology
- Conducts electrical safety checks on computer equipment
- Performs hands-on fixes at the desktop level; including
installing and upgrading software, creating file back-ups, configuring
systems and applications, replacing parts as required, etc.
- Helps staff or clients to help set up systems or resolve issues
- Maintains proper records including procedural documentation,
relevant performance reports; managing stocks of equipment, consumables
and other supplies, maintaining records of software licenses, etc.
- Troubleshoots system and network problems and diagnoses/solves hardware or software faults
- Reports incidents and problems (as required) to the Service Desk
for escalation to appropriately skilled/ experienced support staff
- Sets up new users’ accounts and profiles and deals with password issues
- Establishes good working relationships with customers and other professionals, e.g., software developers
- IT Policy Implementation
Qualifications and Requirements
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related areas
- Possession of the following certification is recommended: ITIL, Comptia A+, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (Win 7)
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office, MCSE, MCP, and CCNA, as well as Server Administration and support, is desirable
- At least 5+ years of experience in supporting end users
including the range of technologies used such as desktop computers,
printers, IP phones, local area networks, productivity applications,
Functional Competence Requirements
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware
- Experience with Microsoft based Desktop Operating Systems (Windows 7 and Windows, XP 8) Windows 10
- Extensive application and infrastructure support experience
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities/ Systems analysis
- Ability to troubleshoot/ research into a wide range of technology issues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills presentation
- Good knowledge of the following technology & applications –
LAN technologies, Office productivity tools, End User Computing Devices
(Desktop Computers/ Laptops, Printers, IP Phones, etc.), Windows OS, SAP
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 30th May, 2017.