19 May 2017
Vacancy at Save the Children for an Advocacy and Campaign Director, 19th May, 2017
achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Advocacy and Campaign Director, Nigeria (ACDNIGERIA)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Contract length: 12 months
- The Advocacy and Campaign Director is responsible for leading on the development and implementation of the advocacy, campaign, media and communication strategy and embedding this across our work to ensure maximum impact in our integrated programs.
- As a member of the Senior Management Team in Nigeria the Advocacy and Campaign Director also shares in the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the Country Office (CO).
- University Degree in Policy, Media, Communications or an area of relevant Social Development.
- Minimum of 7 years demonstrated experience in progressively responsible positions in advocacy, media and / or campaigns
- Proven experience in successfully developing and implementing advocacy, campaign and media strategies;
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to clearly articulate complex issues in a compelling way for a variety of audiences;
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures;
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching;
- Demonstrable track record of leading change, resulting in significant results for the organisation and their stakeholders;
- Experience of managing a team and building personal networks, resulting in significant new opportunities for the organisation;
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
- Master's Degree in policy, media, or communications or an area of relevant social development;
- Excellent understanding of the Nigerian political context and policymaking processes.
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
- Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contated.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.