18 May 2017
Vacancy in a Multinational Manufacturing Company for a Country Health and Safety Training Manager
Job Title: Country Health and Safety Training Manager
- The Manager is responsible to coordinate the health and safety training and provides overall support, challenge and guidance to the site health and safety managers on both technical and soft skill health and safety training materials.
- The Manager will develop and oversees structured training and systems/activities to ensure regulatory
- compliance status as regards health and safety training; develop pre made training modules / solutions for training rollout by the site teams in alignment with group standards and local needs; coaches and supports the depot, cement plant and ready-mix safety teams in the health and safety training process; facilitation & knowledge transfer skills development and tracks compliance to a health and safety training matrix.
- The Manager reports to the Director of Health and Safety, but will need to work closely with the Leadership Team members in crafting then implementing short and longer term strategies in building a Health and Safety training matrix & Technical trainings and skill mastery in health & safety within the Nigeria organization.
- Reporting to the Director of Health Safety the Manager provides support, direction and guidance to the safety managers of the Nigerian business.
- The Manager interacts and inspires the depot managers, office managers, plant safety teams and ready mix teams to support in building a knowledge base of the technical and leadership health and safety skills; and serves in a consulting role supporting managers and supervisors to address safety & regulatory issues within the organization.
- The Manager will be the key contact point for all safety training materials and integrate the cascade and
- implementation of regional and group health and safety training activities into the country plans in collaboration with the industrial and HR teams.
Safety Health and Safety Training:
- Developing suitable learning environments and materials to enable through coaching and engagement health and safety topics to become mastered using modules that are practical and interactive.
- Define and set up training hardware needed to enable practical skill development to be completed.
- Work with the site Health and Safety Managers to develop and monitor a risk based health and safety training matrix.
- Mentoring and building the competency of managers and facilitators in the plant and depot teams to enable them to cascade health and safety trainings.
- Define and apply systems to monitor knowledge transfer / development to validate change in skills, awareness and behaviors of employees and contract personnel subjected to development.
- Provide a comprehensive & accurate monthly report detailing appropriate metrics to indicate progress
- on implementation of the health and safety matrix
- Developing materials and conducting training for contractors
- Develop systems and materials to help contractors develop / train their own personnel.
- Develop and coach contract coordinators so skilled to manage contractors working on our sites.
- The role is a senior management position for a potential candidate that can grow into higher role in the Health and Safety or operations side of the organization of the business within a two to three year time frame.
- A person who is willing to spend time and has a passion for people, to coach, building capacity and capability.
- Likely a health and safety professional; industrial experienced personnel with 10 - 15years experience.
- A change agent, with a strong understanding of leadership and management skills and able to motivate employees and contractors towards a zero harm health and safety mindset.
- PC literate and skilled in power point, video editing and communication techniques using various software.
- A strong communicator with excellent facilitation and listening skills who has a proven track record to deliver in a training / knowledge transfer.
- Person who is able to work unsupervised and deliver results while working in a tough environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV's to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: 27th May, 2017.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.