Job Title: Country Health and Safety Training Manager
- The Manager is responsible to coordinate the health and safety
training and provides overall support, challenge and guidance to the
site health and safety managers on both technical and soft skill health
and safety training materials.
- The Manager will develop and oversees structured training and systems/activities to ensure regulatory
- compliance status as regards health and safety training; develop
pre made training modules / solutions for training rollout by the site
teams in alignment with group standards and local needs; coaches and
supports the depot, cement plant and ready-mix safety teams in the
health and safety training process; facilitation & knowledge
transfer skills development and tracks compliance to a health and safety
- The Manager reports to the Director of Health and Safety, but
will need to work closely with the Leadership Team members in crafting
then implementing short and longer term strategies in building a Health
and Safety training matrix & Technical trainings and skill mastery
in health & safety within the Nigeria organization.
- Reporting to the Director of Health Safety the Manager provides
support, direction and guidance to the safety managers of the Nigerian
- The Manager interacts and inspires the depot managers, office
managers, plant safety teams and ready mix teams to support in building
a knowledge base of the technical and leadership health and safety
skills; and serves in a consulting role supporting managers and
supervisors to address safety & regulatory issues within the
- The Manager will be the key contact point for all safety training materials and integrate the cascade and
- implementation of regional and group health and safety training
activities into the country plans in collaboration with the industrial
and HR teams.
Safety Health and Safety Training:
- Developing suitable learning environments and materials to
enable through coaching and engagement health and safety topics to
become mastered using modules that are practical and interactive.
- Define and set up training hardware needed to enable practical skill development to be completed.
- Work with the site Health and Safety Managers to develop and monitor a risk based health and safety training matrix.
- Mentoring and building the competency of managers and
facilitators in the plant and depot teams to enable them to cascade
health and safety trainings.
- Define and apply systems to monitor knowledge transfer /
development to validate change in skills, awareness and behaviors of
employees and contract personnel subjected to development.
Reporting and Tracking:
- Provide a comprehensive & accurate monthly report detailing appropriate metrics to indicate progress
- on implementation of the health and safety matrix
- Developing materials and conducting training for contractors
- Develop systems and materials to help contractors develop / train their own personnel.
- Develop and coach contract coordinators so skilled to manage contractors working on our sites.
- The role is a senior management position for a potential
candidate that can grow into higher role in the Health and Safety or
operations side of the organization of the business within a two to
three year time frame.
- A person who is willing to spend time and has a passion for people, to coach, building capacity and capability.
- Likely a health and safety professional; industrial experienced personnel with 10 – 15years experience.
- A change agent, with a strong understanding of leadership and
management skills and able to motivate employees and contractors towards
a zero harm health and safety mindset.
- PC literate and skilled in power point, video editing and communication techniques using various software.
- A strong communicator with excellent facilitation and listening
skills who has a proven track record to deliver in a training /
- Person who is able to work unsupervised and deliver results while working in a tough environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV’s to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: 27th May, 2017.