The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on
the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are is seeking a suitable and qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Assistant/Associate/Professor (Communication and Multimedia Design)
Department: School of Arts and Science
- The University offers an American – style education modeled after the curriculum of American universities with corresponding approaches to teaching and students assessment.
- The position is a multi-national one, which is open to both National and Non-national.
Summary of Position
- The Assistant/Associate/Professor will be responsible for teaching, research and community service as may be requested by the Provost and Dean, SAS.
- A faculty member in the Arts and Sciences commits to student learning in a learning-centered college that values active learning, establishing and measuring observable student outcomes, and maintaining discipline currency.
- An Arts & Sciences faculty member is also committed to college service and academic advising. S/he will also report directly to the Chair of the department.
- S/he contributes to preparing students to be applied and practical, critical thinkers, problem solvers and effective communicators.
- The position is expected to engage in applied, integrative and pedagogical scholarship. Also, to engage in research that furthers the objectives of the School and the University.
Detailed Listing of Responsibilities
- Teaching: The primary responsibility of a faculty member is for teaching and for supporting student learning both inside and outside the classroom.
- Department/Schools Meetings: Attending meetings on a regular basis and as necessary to facilitate communication and to accomplish the work required for the smooth operation of the department and school.
- Attendance at Academic Functions: Full-time faculty members are expected to attend meetings of the faculty and any all-college meetings called by AUN administration.
- Class Attendance: Faculty members should make clear that students are expected to attend class and complete required assignments.
- Academic Advising: Available to assist students throughout the semester.
- Must have a terminal degree in law from a reputable University
- Must have a significant scholarship, distinguishes service (advising, department, school, university, and/or community).
- Must possess verifiable evidence of scholarly publications in reputable journals
- Must have a minimum of ten years of post-secondary teaching & research experience garnered at a reputable University
- Must be proficient in use of ICT tools and e-resources for teaching and research
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Applicants are expected to have the appropriate academic credentials (US terminal degree PhD), as well as successful U.S. post-secondary teaching experience.
- An understanding of the essential values of academic integrity, civility, collegiality and diversity in a community of learners
- Experience in Africa or other parts of the developing world.
- A demonstrated commitment to academic excellence, cultural diversity, and equal opportunity
- Experience in Africa or other parts of the developing world is a plus.
- A strong commitment to development
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resumes, cover letters and references to: email@example.com before the closing date of this publication. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 31st July, 2017.