Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc
– Headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution
within the south western zone (Oyo, Ogun, Osun and kwara as well as
some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states).
We are an organization with a focus on delivering excellent service to
the customers and providing customer satisfaction through reliable
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Customer Service Officer
- provides quality service to both external and internal customers
in an accurate, efficient and responsive manner in accordance with
regulatory guidelines and industry standard.
- Ensures and provides quality service to both internal and external customers
- Acts as a liaison (Being the first point of contact) between IBEDC and its customers.
- Conducts detailed investigations and fact finding in resolving
escalated customer complaints via in-person walk in, letters or by email
and ensures timely resolution. (Might include visiting the customer’s
premises where necessary)
- Initiates and communicate required action(s) for response to
customer service requests/complaints within 15 days in compliance with
- Relates effectively with other IBEDC business hubs as need be to resolve a variety of customer-related issues.
- Accesses the company’s internal systems to obtain and extract
customer information and provides customer service management with the
data for inclusion in various scheduled and special reports
- Initiates corrective actions as needed in order to ensure that
an excellent standard of service and a high level of customer
satisfactions are maintained.
- Prepares weekly customer service summary reports.
- Increase the accuracy, efficiency and responsiveness of the customer service department.
- Recording and tracking of detailed customer’s complaint report.
- All other related duties as assigned by management
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Social Science or related field
- Must have 1+ years of progressive customer service experience.
- At least 3-5 years post NYSC experience in Customer Care Representative/ Investigations
- Must be proficient in using the computer and other software’s and applications necessary to aid the job function.
Personal Skills Required:
- Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Passion for excellence with respect to treating and caring for customers.
- Pleasant, patient and friendly attitude.
- Strong decision making and analytical abilities.
- Strong detail orientation and communication/listening skills.
- Strong work ethic and team player mentality.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Competence in handling complaints and unpleasant customers.
- Attention to details
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 4th June, 2017.