eHealth Africa (eHA) designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and smartly uses
data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Senior Project Manager
- The Senior Project Manager leads a project delivery team comprising project management professionals.
- S/he manages improvements to project management processes, tools
and infrastructure to ensure all projects meet the organization’s needs
while working closely with stakeholders to ensure organizational
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform
each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Introduces a culture of project management supported by policies and guidance.
- Advocate for Agile principles and create clear visibility into status and progress of all projects.
- Evaluates and improve systems and processes to effectively meet project requirements and execution goals.
- Facilitate Release Planning activities across all program teams
and manages the overall program communication and stakeholder
- Perform overall project risk and issue management, and handle detailed tracking and mitigation planning.
- Assesses and identify any changes in forecast process accuracy, as well as balance resources for producing or delivering project deliverables
- Manage project communications, providing formal and informal status updates both internally and externally.
- Foster a project work environment that promotes productivity, innovation, and fairness.
- Collaborate with project manager/teams to maintain a large, steady pipeline of full stack development projects.
- Provide thought leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication (written and verbal) to project managers members on strategy.
- Defines requirements and work with relevant cross-functional
teams to guarantee smooth, efficient implementation and delivery on
- S/he will be responsible for communicating and defining the team’s objectives, as well as eliminating any productivity barriers.
- S/he will develop and oversee project management and schedule
goals, procurement and contractual requirements, personnel assignments
and capacity planning.
- As project management lead, s/he will assess the team’s skills and train where necessary.
- Review overall contractual requirements for projects and specific process design methodology for individual projects.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is preferred.
- Masters in project management related courses from an accredited institution is added advantage.
- A strong technical background and experience are required.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible project
management experience in agile environment, preferably in a
developmental sector or private sector, or an equivalent combination of
education and experience, is preferred Scheduling and planning
experience is an asset.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with at least 4 years supervisory experience.
- A deep understanding of agile software development best practices.
- Passion and proven talent for launching projects on-time, on-budget, and on-strategy.
- Ability to seamlessly handle multiple projects at once.
- Ability to proactively track the progress of all project team members and keep everyone focused on the tasks at hand.
- Must be a world-class individual contributor to eHealth Africa good problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to inspire confidence in teams to follow the recommended product direction.
- Proficient business and technical experience, with a strong talent for enabling productive communication between groups.
Certifications and Licenses:
- A Project Management (PMP) certification is required
- PMI – Agile Certification is an added advantage.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and
Microsoft Office Suite Proficiency working within specialized software
utilized in program.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply