Avram Corporation provides leading public health
and international business consultants, and partners with world-renowned
educational universities, hospitals, and clinics to provide expert
resources to achieve medical, healthcare and scientific objectives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Epidemiologist – Polio Outbreak Response
- Identify sources of infection and strategies for implementing
control activities for outbreak investigation and response for wild
poliovirus or vaccine-derived poliovirus cases for the purpose of
documenting and interrupting virus transmission.
- Perform data collection, management, analysis and reporting
activities in compliance with the Outbreak Response Plan and other
global and national guidelines used at the national, regional, and
district levels for investigation of AFP cases in the regions/districts
and review of weekly/monthly surveillance data.
- Assist with the mobilization GPEI resources to assist the
country in creating settlement level maps of communities, including the
mapping of the accessibility to health catchment areas (areas
accessible, semi-accessible, not accessible), the mapping of special
populations with population estimates (nomads, refugees, IDPs, etc.)
- Assist with developing or updating and implementing a
comprehensive country actions plan to improve polio outbreak response,
including specific and detailed action points to improve access to
populations in hard/difficult to reach areas and special populations,
and review and adapt districts microplans accordingly.
- Collaborate with the MOH and other partners to brainstorm ways
to enhance AFP surveillance and involve private health sectors in the
AFP surveillance networking system.
- Provide support to, and monitor STOP staff in their activities.
- Travel frequently to the identified low performing
regions/districts and high risk areas to support the active case
search/Active case finding of AFP (Acute flaccid paralysis), review of
medical records, if there are possible missed AFP cases and provide
technical assistance as per needed at the district as well as the health
- Actively engage in surveillance activities.
- Participate in capacity building activities of the surveillance
officers at different levels, including teaching, mentoring, and
advising on surveillance activities.
- Participate in pre-campaign monitoring and supervision
activities to assist the regions/provinces and districts, particularly
in the identified high risk districts, in preparation of micro plan,
session plan and work plan for the SIAs, develop implementation plan
(including coordination, logistics, microplanning, social mobilization)
and monitoring and supervision plan in line with the Outbreak Response
Plan and National SIA guidelines.
- Conduct on-the-job trainings on the topic of outbreak response
and AFP surveillance for grantee and make concrete recommendations for
increasing/building capacity for improving outbreak response and
- Medical Degree (preferred), MPH or Nurse/Premedical Degree required.
- Ability to be deployed for six to twelve months within Central
African Republic, Cameroon, Niger, Chad, Democratic Republic of Congo,
and/or Mozambique required.
- Three years’ experience in polio and/or routine immunization activities, preferably in the Chad Basin region.
- Experience collaborating with UN, USG and other international
organizations working on immunization activities as well as the MoPH.
- English; French a plus but not required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply