Fortune Global Shipping & Logistics Limited is a wholly owned Nigerian company with head office in Nigeria and operational offices in some West African countries. We specialize in the movement of goods nationally and internationally. Our core services include freight forwarding, custom clearance services, air freight services, intra logistics and transportation, warehousing, oil and gas logistics services etc. Our years of existence has witnessed rapid growth with accompanying national and international recognitions.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Operations Officer
Reports To: General Manager
- The Operations officer will be responsible for all shipping
operations ensuring that all shipments received are delivered to clients
in good condition and in time
Candidate must be able to perform the following:
- Ensure that goods are cleared and delivered to customers following the company and industry standards alike
- Ensure that goods are cleared within agreed lead times from
custom declaration and clearance of goods at Sea ports/Airports to final
- Manages all customs clearance documentation as required related to the clearing of clients’ shipments.
- Keeps track of all shipments received, processed and delivered and gives daily updates to line manager.
- Work closely with the custom agents and all other regulatory
bodies to ensure all compliance and regulatory requirements regarding
shipments are met
- Process tariff duty permits with NPA and various shipping companies / terminals /ports
- Apply and get container refunds from shipping companies in time
- Follow up closely on customs clearance formalities and delivery
- Prepare daily progress report and send to the Line Manager on every shipment.
- Candidate must have a good knowledge of Shipping & Logistics
industry as well as a degree in supply chain logistics or any other
related discipline like shipping management.
- Must have at least a B.Sc or HND or OND in Shipping Management / Business Administration
- Must be computer literate
- Must have 4 – 5-year experience in similar field
- Must be conversant with all activities in clearing and forwarding within the industry
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Excellent customer relationship
- Good team player
- Attention to details
- The senior commercial officer will be responsible for all FGSL’s pricing unit and ensuring prompt response to all RFQs and RFIs
- Manage the process for the formulation of commercial procedure within the department.
- Develop pricing strategies at macro and micro level in line with business strategy.
- Managing and responding to complex Oil and Gas commercials for complex logistics.
- Develop effective market rate guidelines for the commercial team
- Analyze, evaluate and respond to rate requests and tenders in a timely manner aligned to the company profit objectives.
- Provide required assistance to the Sales team to negotiate with customers when required.
- Lead team to strategically plan and participate in service contract negotiations
- Develop and utilize pricing models and pricing tools.
- Monitor and analyze competitor pricing and keep abreast of all relevant development within the industry.
- Validate sales quotation for accuracy and profitability before communicating to clients
- Provide supervision to the commercial team in quotation management with the most competitive rates
- Participate in the preparation of proposals and cost estimates
for business prospects, bids and tenders in liaison with the sales team.
- Coordinating and responding to all RFQs and RFIs within given deadlines.
- At least 7 years industry experience
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must possess strong negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to scrutinize tender documents and be aware of changes in the market as well as complete and analyze tender documents.
- Have an awareness of global economic factors that can influence the oil industry
- Must possess good reporting and analytical skills.
- B.Sc or HND in Marketing, Economics or any related course.
- MBA in Supply Chain will be an added advantage.
- Professional membership of Chartered Institute of Supply Chain will be an advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org The position been applied for should be the subject of the email
Application Deadline 27th June, 2017.