Graceco Nigeria Limited is a food processing and manufacturing company
which specializes in consumer goods and the production of input for
bakers and the confectionary industry.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Production Manager
- The production manager is to ensure planning, organizing,
leading and controlling of human and other resources to meet the
organizational production target.
- The holder must ensure effective and efficient methods of
production that will be cost efficient and sustainable. The position
holder must have knowledge of production machines such as Mixer,
Packaging Machine, Kneader, Fryer, and similar industrial food
- Ensure that the department operates at 90% efficiency level every day
- In collaboration with maintenance department, ensure all
machines runs at maximum efficiency level and are serviced as at when
- In collaboration with HR department, ensure a viable succession plan for all strategic position such as supervisors, machine operators and other key roles.
- Manage the headcount of staff to ensure the department is not over staffed or under staffed at every point.
- Coordinate all production activities and ensure the final products meets the highest level of quality
- Ensure proper documentation of all activities about operations; machine downtime, shift reports, output, etc.
- In collaboration with production administrator, ensure that raw materials needed to achieve normal and impromptu production target are available before commencement of production.
- Ensure highest level of cleanliness and hygiene in all units and around the chin-chin department.
- Implement and sustain the 5s in the department
- Ensure every shift meets and exceed the set target with minimum waste level
- Ensure operations is not delayed or shut down because of inadequate raw material
- Curb lateness, absenteeism , insubordination and other indiscipline among staff by recommending to HR appropriate sanctions
- Promote teamwork, harmony, fairness among the supervisors and staff
- Identify and recommend for promotion/reward diligent and committed staff
- Suggest to management ways of improving production in a cost effective manner
- In collaboration with safety department, ensure all staff comply
with all health and safety standard; staff wear required PPE always,
PPEs are in good and hygienic condition
- Suggest the right equipment configuration to facilitate the attainment of department goals.
- Ensure that the sales order for product is properly managed and fulfilled on a daily basis
- Introduces best practices into production and ensure that all parts of the floor are productively engaged at the same time.
- Ensure any incident, accident, near miss and unsafe act/situation is adequately handled.
- Must have a working knowledge of all machine operations including spare part, and general maintenance insight.
- Ensure the department runs as a viable revenue centre and eliminate every form of human and material waste
- Any other responsibility assigned to you by management.
- Degree in Food Sciences, Food Tech, Production Engineering and other related courses
- Must have managerial experience
- Not more than 45 years old
- Sound verbal and written skill
- Over 4 year experience in manufacturing sector; FMCG
- Must be computer literate
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV’s to: email@example.com
Application Deadline 19th June, 2017.