Première Urgence Internationale (PUI), is a
non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious
international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting
civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural
disasters, wars and economic collapses, by
answering their fundamental
needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in
order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Food Security and Livelihood Project Manager – Food Aid (CASH)
Start Date: 1st June, 2017.
- The food security and livelihood project manager shall
supervise the implementation of food security and livelihood programs
implemented in Maiduguri.
- Logistics and administration: He/She shall ensure the
logistical and administrative monitoring of project(s) for which He/She
- Representation: He/She shall represent the Association to
partners, authorities and local players involved in the implementation
of food security and livelihood programmes.
- Safety and Security: He/She shall contribute to the observance
of safety and security rules at the site and shall transmit all
information relating to safety and security to his/her line-manager.
- Programmes: He/She shall ensure the proper implementation and
monitoring of the food security and livelihood programme(s) for which
He/She is responsible.
- Human Resources: He/She shall supervise the food security and livelihood team (PUI employees and any daily-employed workers).
Qualities of Candidates
- Ability to work independently while taking initiatives and showing a sense of responsibility
- Ability to withstand pressure
- Sense of diplomacy
- Analytical skills
- Ability to integrate the local environment into operations, in its political, economic and historical dimensions
- Ability to work with various partners, in a spirit of openness, and with adaptable communications strategies
- Strong listening and negotiation skills
- Good people and communication skills
- Ability to remain calm and level-headed
- Capacity to adapt and showing organizational flexibility
- Organization, rigor and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work and manage affairs professionally and with maturity
- Ability to represent the activities and the mandate of PUI before local authorities
- Ability to live and work with restrictive security rules in a volatile and complex environment
- General ability to resist stress and particularly in unstable circumstances
Knowledge and Aptitudes:
- Good drafting skills
- Knowledge of project management
- Cash Based Intervention
- Livelihoods intervention
- Office Suite
- English required
- French appreciated
- Employed with a Fixed-Term Contract – 8.5 months
Monthly gross income: from 1815 up to 2145 Euros depending on the
experience in International Solidarity + 50 Euros per semester
seniority with PUI.
- Round-trip transportation to and from home / mission, visas, vaccines…
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accommodation
- Daily living Expenses (« Per diem »)
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application (CV
and Letter of Motivation) to Romain Gautier, Human Resources Officer
for Expatriates via: email@example.com with the following subject : “RPCASH – Nigeria”.